Swollen lip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that is interesting. I had never thought of an ear infection causing damage to one of the facial nerves, but now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense. It causes the same kind of look as a stroke, but with a different cause. I hope the ear infection heals soon and with the swelling down, his function returns. Since the Metacam has helped some, there may be hope that he can go back to normal.

I meant to chime in earlier on this. Originally I thought as others it was an abcess. But now I remember that my Dutch rescue Ruby had the same issue. Her face had that same look.When she was found as a stray shehad ear mites. I guess later on it developed into an infection. It did clear up but later she developed head tilt. I'm glad your vet found the right diagnosis and the right treatment.

Okay...this is kind of weird. I think my dog has an ear infection now too! He's been scratching at his ears all morning and I'm paranoid.

Can ear infections be contagious? If not, maybe the infections are caused by ear mites or something like that that is contagious?

Bleh I guess I need to make an appointment for the dog now too! I'll have his vet check for ear mites and all that I guess while we're at it, just in case.

That's weird. I would think your vet would have seen mites if that's what was going on, but I guess it's possible he didn't. It would certainly be a simple explanation.

I was just over paranoid...Kit (my dog) doesn't have an ear infection afterall - no ear mites either. Vet says it's his allergies acting up. After yesterday morning he stopped scratching his ears.

I'm just paranoid lol. One of my babies gets sick and I go into crazy worry mode and start to over analyze ever move my pets make!

:expressionless

LOL I understand. It's better to know for sure, though. Last week I got really worried about my hamsters having mites and went a bit overboard on spraying all the poor buggers down with the anti-mite spray, even the ones that didn't have signs of mites "to make sure they didn't get them". I had a bunch of wet, stinky hamsters who were not impressed with my attempts to keep them mite-free! (only one really had mites)

hahaah! thats cute. i guess its better to be safe than sorry - better to do all than to do only one at a time and keep spreading the disease!

Latest posts

Back