Switching to hay cubes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I could only find timothy or alfalfa at Petsmart. I dunno if maybe that is all they make. There's a Petco opening here soon so I might go check them out. Petland is useless for anything rabbit. :X

Allergies SUCK! I just thank God I'm not allergic to the bunnies. I'm severly allergic to cats. :grumpy: I love them so too!

t.

MsBinky wrote:
I'm allergic to anything green that grows that humans don't generally eat. Lol. I was thinking of switching to cubes myself but I only found alfalfa :?I am looking for cubes and hoping to get an air purifier. :)

Since the pneumonia, not a single med works for my allergies and asthma expect high doses of Combivent which is terribly strong and hard to take for how strong it is lol. Next step is injections. Ugh... That's why I am checking you guys out to see how you are handling your allergies :p

I'm a freak about keeping their area clean. It's at the foot of my bed and I hate my room to be dirty. It's a little messy and unorganized sometimes, but never dirty.

Keeping the windows open is not an option. The summers here are unbearable. This is why my animals live inside. The temps sky rocket to 120 degrees in the dog days of summer. It has been unseasonably cool this summer because of the large amounts of rain we've received, but it is still too hot to not run AC 24/7.

t.

Butterfinger wrote:
I have hay allergies, too :p
(And now since Butter is inside, I have to deal with it a lot more)

Even though my allergy is not as severe as it could be (And how most are) I just deal with it by storing all my hay (Still in their plastic bags) in a separate rubbermaid bin with the lid on, and vaccuming frequently if the hay gets on the carpet. I also get in Butter's pen and sweep up everything that's not in his hay box so there's not free floor dust floating about. I keep the windows open at all times, as well.

(It still does give my itchy eyes and headaches, though, but it's not too bad)

Good luck with your allergies, you guys :)

Wow! Those are some severe allergies Leaf. I'd definitely check into the cubes. I haven't had a hay related allergy incident since.

t.

Leaf wrote:
I fed my crew and cleaned them around 8:00am this morning. I immediatly washed up, took allergy medicine and some headache medicine. At 11:40am (as I type this) my splitting headache is almost gone, the buzzing in my ears is almost completely quiet and my eyes are less puffy than before.

I am VERY allergic to the hay and dust, which is the worst part of loving these little guys. I may check in t cubes myself.

Awww i didn't know there were Petlands in the states. That's what I have around here and I totally agree with you :pI am trying to find some stuff online now. :)

Can we give the bun buns just hay cubes? I was just trying to figure out an easy way to give them hay. We have 4 buns and no room for a bale of hay! The small things of hay at the pet storeare way too expensive! They all love the hay cubes, I give them several at a time. What do you think?

I gave my babies only hay cubes for about a month and a half. I got my hands on some orchard grass hay and discovered that I am not as allergic as I am to timothy so I have been supplementing the cubes with some orchard grass which Lily loves but Loki could take it or leave it. They sure love the cubes though.

t.

chaplinaus wrote:
Can we give the bun buns just hay cubes? I was just trying to figure out an easy way to give them hay. We have 4 buns and no room for a bale of hay! The small things of hay at the pet storeare way too expensive! They all love the hay cubes, I give them several at a time. What do you think?

Latest posts

Back