Sweetheart has injured her back! (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry. She was a lucky bunny to end up with you, and you fought for her until the end. Sometimes there's nothing we can do to change what happens.

I agree with pla725, that a necropsy might be useful to determine what was going on.

pla725 wrote:
Sorry for your loss. Have you thought about having a necropsy to see what caused her death?
Not really. I think it's highly unlikely that it was anything contagious, and the cold hard fact around here is that is a $100 better spent on the living. If it was a matter of spending that $100 to make her better, I wouldn't hesitate, but now....

I'm sorry if I sound harsh at all, I am just feeling extremely depressed today. She was one of the sweetest, gentlest rabbits I have ever known. She had taught a couple of 4-Her kids (not to mention my own kids) how to hold bunnies safely, because I knew she wouldn't thrash around and scratch them. Anytime I just wanted a little bunny snuggle, I knew she would be there. There were a lot of times that girl had my tears in her fur for one reason or another. And she never minded a bit, so long as she got her face rubs. For a 3 1/2 pound bunny, she is going to leave a space like the Grand Canyon empty here.

I know what you mean about the necropsy. I'm so sorry--she will be greatly missed. What a special girl. [[hugs]]

Latest posts

Back