Sweet new digs!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goneforbaroque

Reaction score
What do you think?
Features: carpeted tunnel to the 2nd floor (secured to keep from rolling), 3rd floor shelf to help the small bunny be tall, coroplast flooring on 2nd floor with carpet square for traction, linoleum base for easy cleaning, no open edges on 2nd floor for large clumsy Merlin to fall off of, front opens for playtime.

IMAG1672.jpg

:shock:

Oh. My. Goodness.

THAT'S AMAZING!!! I love it! I totally want one for our bunny. How did you secure the carpeted tunnel and where did you get it?

The upper level flooring is a material called coroplast (corrugated plastic)
http://www.coroplast.com/
I live in California so I got mine at TAP plastics. It cuts really easily with an exacto knife. It can be a little slippery though so I suggest putting something with traction down (carpet square).

The cardboard tube is a concrete form tube. I got mine at HomeDepot
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/buildi...te/10-in-x-48-in-tube-for-concrete-66821.html
The inside is slippery so I bought some carpet and stapled it in (making sure the ends of the staples are bent so they aren't sticking out and sharp)

As for securing it, I cut a slit in the bottom so it could fit over the edge of the NIC panel. I also punched some holes to cable tie it to the edge for extra security.
IMAG1679.jpg

I suppose if want you could punch holes and cable tie it to the side of the cage as well. Or maybe create a base for it.

I also cut the ends at an angle to make it easier for my larger rabbit to enter/exit the tunnel. They love it!

:thud:
Jj

This is absolutely the best indoor bunny house I have seen. Mine have a big space in a shed/barn, as well as a large outdoor enclosure, but now I am thinking I can further improve by making use of vertical space as you have done. Great work.

Here is my crappy schematic. 2 squares of graph paper equal one pane. I'm guessing I used about 55 panels. But I had to enclose the second floor because of my epileptic rabbit so that could be omitted if you have a graceful normal rabbit.
IMAG1716-1.jpg

In case you can't read the bad hand writing:
Base is 5 long by 3 wide by 2 high.

2nd floor is one panel up from the floor (so if you're making only 2 stories you could just put a roof over the 2nd floor and be done) and it is made up of a 2 by 3 section with one floor piece left out to make room for the tube (L shaped). I also put a piece going straight down next to the tube for extra support. There are also wooden dowels running under this floor for extra support.

3rd foor is just a 1 by 2 section enclosed on all sides except for one panel which allows access.

The roof is 2 by 3. I left a door in the roof so I could change the litter box I put up there.

Wow! Thanks for the info! That set up will fit perfectly in our rabbit space. Me and the hubs are going to build a similar version this weekend.

He hasn't gone up there yet. He's been jumping and running around...and pooping NOT in his litter box! Hopefully he'll figure out the new set up soon!

Latest posts

Back