sweet meadow hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlopsnWills

Reaction score
I'm ordering hay in bulk for Charlie from sweet meadow farm and was just wondering if bunnies have a preference over the timothy or the sweet meadow. Last time, I got him the 9 pound box of sweet meadow and he loved it, but he loves everything. I'm just wondering if I should stick to that or try the timothy. Any suggestions??

FlopsnWills wrote:
..just wondering if bunnies have a preference over the timothy or the sweet meadow. ...
Try a variety of hays - each bunny had his own preferences. Scone won't eat timothy at all. He loves Orchard Grass and Marshall Peter's Meadow Mix (a mixture of different kinds of hay). He'll eat Brome, also. Oat Hay is more of a digging toy than food - he spreads the stalks everywhere and just eats the immature seed heads.
Scone9559.jpg
Scone9559.jpg

We just got some for Snuff as well, we feed mainly Timothy Hay and it's great to offer other kinds of hays for their teeth and better digestion, so we also have Meadow Hay and he loves it! Oat Hay is also a very textured hay that is great to feed the buns! Just offering different varieties is great for the teeth.:)

I just bought two bags of the Peter's Meadow Mix for my bunnies because it was on clearance at PetSmart Mitsuki seems to love it while Kookie likes his Timmy.

I buy Sweet Meadow for Penny. She prefers the Organic Timothy with Herbs over anything else. I always have the organic timothy for her but she often turns her nose up at it. Sweet Meadow is a terrific company and the guy who owns it is really nice. I've gone there a number of times to their self-service store, and end up chatting with Al every time! Great product too!

Latest posts

Back