Sweet Meadow Farm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seniorcats

Reaction score
Friday evening I ordered from www.sweetmeadowfarm.com

All our local hay is gone and I wanted FedEx, not UPS, delivery. We got 1st cutting timothy and orchard grass. The order arrive this morning and the hay is just great (why do I feel like I am writing a zootoo review?).

It's green, fresh, sweet smelling and the bunnies love it. This was my first order w/ Sweet Meadow and they did a great job.

One of the pet stores here just started getting small bags of Sweet Meadow hay. I bought the alfalfa for Luna because it's soooooo much better than Kaytee's alfalfa. Really great quality!

I'm having problems with local hay too so I might need to bulk-order some grass hay soon.

REALLY?! I am going to begin ordering my hay because my petstore just never has stock and I am tired of it. Usually I use Oxbow. How is the price comparison?

I think we need a review section now...... I am nuts aren't I? zootoo is taking over my brain - it was a plan... to take us over..... oh nooooo!!! we've been brainwashed!!!!

:p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
REALLY?! I am going to begin ordering my hay because my petstore just never has stock and I am tired of it. Usually I use Oxbow. How is the price comparison?

I think we need a review section now...... I am nuts aren't I? zootoo is taking over my brain - it was a plan... to take us over..... oh nooooo!!! we've been brainwashed!!!!

:p

No, you're wrong. We can't be brain washed for the simple reason we are brainless!:biggrin2: Did you ever find my wandering mind?

here is what i got - a box, 25 to 28 pounds of 1st cutting timothy for $16.99

a case,six 20 ounce bags of natrual harvest orchard grass for $16. 44

with FedEx shipping it was $50.

I usually get timothy bales from Ron Alber's farm down the road for $3.50 a bale and meadow bales (small) for $3.00 but he is totally out. Hinckley Equestrian just opened their new center and cleaned him out.

Some years our local timothy is awful. 2007 was great. What's left of the hay at the farmer's exchange, I would not even buy to feed the deer and he wants $8.00 a bale.

I've been ordering hay from Al at Sweet Meadow for a long time. I have never been disappointed in any hay received from them. Great product and great service. Our rabbits (including the cottontails) love it. Another good option for those in the region is Pine Hill Farm in western Virginia that offers Bunny Bale hay. www.bunnybale.com

Randy

I started ordering hay off the internet a few months after I got my first bun, because the shop stuff just wasn't up 2 scratch really. It was dry, had no smell, and didn't look very nice.
So I ordered some off the internet- it was quite expensive, but it was lovely- a honey smell to it, soft, fresh. Just lovely.

THEN I found this little store about a two minute walk from my house which sells the most amazing meadow hay stuff really cheap but it's all fantastic stuff. I would eat it it smelt so amazing and it felt wonderful. The buns went crazy for it.
It was something ridiculous like 2.50 a big block, and then 5.70 a bale (12 of these blocks). The bale was amazing value, but I had to get a wheelie bin to accomodate it lol!!!!!
And it's fab becuase this store is a little place, cheap, and not a big superstore. It's lovely, fair and you just want to support it by buying things from there, and the hay they sell is just divine!

I recently switched my buns over from Oxbow to Sweet Meadow pellets. The quality of their pellets, in my opinion, are far superior to what I was getting from Oxbow - Bunny Basics/T. My buns have been eating their pellets without much fuss and I've noticed that there's been a lot less waste with Sweet Meadow as well.

I've used Sweet Meadow hay in the past and my bunnies loved it. However, the small packages the pet stores sell in my local area aren't as fresh as the hay purchased directly from the internet. But when I was doing price comparisons, I realized that going with Bunny Bale hay was far more cost-effective for me and my 6 buns, chinchilla, and other various "friends." And, I've got to say, the Bunny Bale hay is as awesome as Randy said it'd be! Again, more freshness and less dust equal far less waste and more bunny tummies full of the green stuff!

And, yes, this does feel a little like a Zootoo post :).

ra7751 wrote:
I've been ordering hay from Al at Sweet Meadow for a long time. I have never been disappointed in any hay received from them. Great product and great service. Our rabbits (including the cottontails) love it. Another good option for those in the region is Pine Hill Farm in western Virginia that offers Bunny Bale hay. http://www.bunnybale.com

Randy

I thought about Bunny Bales too. I have ordered quite a bit from Oxbow and have always gotten a good hay.

I went with Sweet Meadow specifically because of the Fed Ex delivery. The last 2 times I ordered Oxbow with UPS shipping, they took my hay to the wrong road. I am still mad at UPS.... When they eventually found where they left my hay (wrong road) and brought it here, the driver was really nice. However, dealing with the office people at UPS was a nightmare I refuse to have again. It's happened twice and always on a Friday. Al is the only hay person using FedEx.

Latest posts

Back