Sweet Bunny Tales

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeachySteph

Reaction score
So here is my first blog post!

I became a new bunny mom (or slave :confused2:) not long ago: 12/16/11

She does not yet have a name, but she has definitely been showing her personality.

Here is a picture of her this morning, getting a little more adventurous with her surroundings:

396440_2911772274745_1273781998_33256471_504516058_n.jpg

Once she's more comfortable I'll get her a corner box to start potty training her.
Then when she starts getting the hang of that, she'll be allowed to roam the house for most of the day. That should give me enough time to bunny-proof the place. ;)

She is so sweet and gentle.

This morning when I sat by her cage she came right up to me sniffing. When she moved away a little, I opened the door slowly and carefully and put my hand in there. She immediately hopped up to me and sniffed my hand. Then she started licking and nudging it! awwwwww! :inlove: Of course, I obeyed her command of 'grooming' her. :pet: When she had her fill she hopped away and I slowly removed my hand, and self from her.

A good start to the day, if you ask me. :)

the hair around her shoulders/neck and her back legs and rear is a little wavy. Does that mean that's the hair that will get longer as she grows?

I think I just experienced tooth-purring for the first time.

I was holding her, reclined in my chair, and I had her on my chest. She moved up and snuggled right up against my neck. This whole time I was petting her and stopped whenever she signaled it.

After she made her way toward my shoulder and by my neck she started playing with my hair. I interpreted that as grooming so I did it back. While I was 'grooming' her, she started making that sound with her teeth. It was so quiet, I don't think I would have heard it had she not been right under my ear. Definitely different from the munching sounds when she eats.

I think she's mad at me. I put a new blanket in her box, one that was a bit bigger and would give more comfort. She went over and inspected it, but wouldn't go in her box. She's been laying with her butt in the opposite corner of the cage with her back facing me. Should I take the blanket out or just give her time to accept it?

She laid on a bit of it, outside the box... and eventually peed on it. Still won't go in her box though.

Also, many times she'll lick my hands but won't allow me to return the favor. I thought it was mandatory of us subjects to always return the grooming, since it's considered such an honor to be groomed by your bun. :?

I couldn't stand it. She was trying her hardest to jump around and binkie in her cage.. which she's small enough for. After I cleaned up the kids' playroom I brought her in there to stretch her legs.

Boy did she love it! Within five minutes she was darting around, zig-zagging, and binkying like crazy! It was the cutest thing! The kids loved watching her, and my 1yr especially thought it was hilarious every time she would show off her moves.

401815_2920589455169_1273781998_33261686_1757385877_n.jpg

Ok. Too cute for my eyes. You need to put BG13 (bunny guidance 13) on this blog. TOO CUTOE!
Jj

Yes, It's Ellie. :)

I'm so proud of her too. Whenever she's running around the play room there's no potty issues, aside from 1-2 poops. Same when you hold her, no potty, just sits quietly while you groom her.

Last night while holding her, she got real close to my neck and stretched herself out across my shoulder/collar bone. Whenever I stopped petting her, she would start licking me. :D

Aww! That's awesome! No one ever expects rabbits to train well. Butter is pretty good about that too.

There was one time though where my friend picked her up with his hands around her rib cage and she dropped what we now refer to as a pellet grenade (about 50 pellets at once). It was a LOT of pellets, but fortunately it was on the carpet and not all over our chair, so we were able to easily vacuum the pellets up.

That's awesome that she will sit with you! Butter just started sitting with me on the bed, but only for a little bit. She'll run away when I notice her. Haha!

Latest posts

Back