Sweet bunny kisses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
I got my first bunny kisses on the face tonight from my boy Simon. He's licked the bejeezus out of my robe in the past, but never my face. I was giving him some fresh hay in his little treat bin, and I stuck my face down to kiss him on the head, and he started licking my nose!! It was so incredibly sweet, and I just needed to share with folks who would understand.

Here's a recent pic of Simon so you can see just how sweet he is. :)

Thanks, all.

JEFF

awwww now who wouldnt want a sweet kiss from a gorgeous bunny like that.

but a kiss from a bunny is really special,especially because they are such timid things,and to get a kiss is enough to melt my heart,they are showing that they truley trust you,it just makes me feel so special when my bunnies give me kisses sunshine my bunny is a real kissey baby,i say to her give mummy kissey and she does,sometimes its just a quick kiss as if to say "there,are you happy now"lol.

treasure every moment from what your bunny gives you,they really are a special animal:)

OHHHHH A BUNNY KISS=HEAVEN.

cheryl...

That is awesome! My rabbit Beans just started giving me bunny kisses on the leg when she sits on my lap. I'm hoping I'll get some kisses on the face soon! You are blessed! Congrats.

:colors:Hurray for bunny kisses!!:colors:

:jumpforjoy:

Congratulations!!! You're an honorary bunny now. :bunnydance:Bunny kisses are the sweetest. Cute little boy, by the way. :D

Thanks everyone for your comments! Last night I tried the same thing, to see if I'd get more kisses, and sure enough he went right for my nose and commenced licking. I guess we'll keep him :).

We adopted Simon and (his then partner) Austin last year. He came to us with a leg that had healed improperly after being broken when he was a baby. Our guess is that the previous owners either didn't care or didn't know that his leg was broken, so they didn't get it treated properly. So Simon's back right leg sticks straight out to the side. He uses it for balance, but that's about it. We asked a vet if we should have it "fixed", which would require breaking & resetting, and she said that Simon appears happy with it, and he's not in any pain. He's "differently abled", but he still runs very fast! His binkies are clumsy and very cute.

What's so impressive to me is that this little guy comes from what may have been a rough and uncaring home, yet he is so loving and sweet. Just a big bundle of lovin.

Jeff

Iszy has never given me a bunny kiss and neither did Lenci. I think it's unusual for a bunny to do this. Pristine, on the other hand, is a kissing machine! :D

oh how exciting!!! its SO CUTE!!! my bunny is always licking my hands and legs when i have him on my lap! he's sort of started licking my nose sometimes. when he's in his cage and i come say hello he hops over to near where i am and sticks his nose through the bars to try kiss me!! but question about affection etc. how long and how much attention till he starts coming to me voluntarily etc when he's out of his house? i've only had him a week so i'm not too stressed. i just want him to love me as much as i love him!

May and Mickey Blue :bunnydance:

Nadezhda wrote:
Oreo was trained NOT to give bunny kisses. Bunny kissed with her teeth!
LOL! Sprite does too, although she did lick my nose the other day. I flinched because I thought it was going to hurt. She means well, but I don't think she'll ever realized that she needs to be more gentle with skin than she is with fur.

Just thought I'd post a quick update. It's a few weeks now since the first kiss, and it definitely seems like it's not a phase. Simon's kisses have evolved from little licks on the nose to full-out face washings. It's very sweet, but also quite funny, and I can't help but laugh while he's licking my entire forehead. It's almost like he's grooming me, as if I was a rabbit. Of course after he's done with the licking he gets all the petting he wants, and he just sits there and 'purrs' with his eyes half shut. It's become one of my favorite daily rituals. :)

Jeff

Aww...how adorable!! I got my first nose bump last night. Bunny's sniffed my nose and mouth before in passing (like an acknowldgement), but never outright bumped noses with me before. It was so cute, and such a sweet thing to show me how happy she is! She did it a few times. How sweet these bunnies are! :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back