sweat glands

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdoc

Chris
Reaction score
I have just been cleaning Houdini´s sweat glands and have noticed that he has a little growth on one of them. It doesn´t look red or angry and doesn´t seem to be bothering him. Do you think it could be a blockage and should I take him to the vet straight away or keep my eye on it to see what develops ??

By sweat glands, do you mean scent glands? Is it possible to post a picture of the growth you're talking about?

Sorry, yes scent glands, will try but the lights not good now as it´s dusk but if I manage to get one, I will post. It doesn´t seem to bother him and it´s not big but I worry about everything.

Christina, I took this photo but then had a look at Snowy´s and it looked quite similar. I was googling it and found this photo which is from here http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f27/scent-glands-how-should-they-look-58308/ and it looks similar too. I don´t feel so worried now as both boys look similar. I must have a look at the other side tomorrow to see if it´s the same. I would look at Bandy´s but I´ve already groomed and clipped his
nails today and I don´t think he´ll like me poking him about again lol.

Looking at the photos, I still need to clean them out completely, my eyesight must be bad, they still look to have bits on there...yuk.

20130115_184235_zps758b2555.jpg

It just looked as though there was a dark spot which threw me but looking at the other picture posted, it looks really similar. Thanks anyway for confirming that. I do need to clean them a bit more, they do smell at the moment.

Yeah they do have that dark spot under the skin there. I'm not sure what it is but maybe it's part of the organ that makes the waxy stuff?

Phew I am glad everything is normal, it´s amazing what you have to learn when you have bunnies.

Back