Sussex County Farm & Horse Show NJ State Fair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopntailrabbitry

Reaction score
Anyways some of you of course may know that I show and raise rabbits and that I'm also a 4-H member. Well I checked-in my rabbits last Thursday-and they all did great for the check-in. Yesterday I had to bring in the rest of my rabbits for the big day of the showing and the show that I've been waiting for.

Also as some of you know about my mom's rabbit Lucy. As she had the wet dewlap,anyways as I know that you couldn't notice anything that she had the wet dewlap...sooo what I do was I brought her to the show any and she past the check-in which I was quite suprised and happy.

Anyways, as the hours go on and waiting sooo long in the barn where you couldn't eat nor drink in the barn. The time finally came for the show!

As the Holland Lops gotten called up I went up and brought then to the table. It was me and the breeder where I started my stock from and my lines from. As there wasn't too many Holland Lops entered it was only 2 of us breeders that shown our rabbits. As I know that I did have some very good rabbits that I though. Anyways, I thought Miracle was going to get something but however the judge said that he needs more crown and his shoulders are narrow. I forgot what she said about Gunner,and she said that Classy and Lucy that are to big for Hollands-which I knew that anyways. But for Classy and Austin she said that they have a little bit ear control which I knew and they need more crown. But the part that I've been waiting for soooo long for the Juniors-since I had the only Jr. Buck. The judge chosen Gunner for Sr.Buck,Charlotte for Sr.Doe and of course Goliath for Jr.Buck. As those are my 3 great Holland Lops. The judge said that Goliath is VERY promising and nice crown and everything is good on him. As it was time to chosen the BOB/RBOB the judge chosen Goliath for BOB I was sooo happy and Charlotte for RBOB. As it was time to pick up my ribbions and trophies I seen the paper ofwho gotten BOB/RBOB. And that is when I seen my name,so I said to myself wow I beaten the other breeder where I started from and gotten my rabbits from. But however I gave her a congrats.And she said that they were soo proud of me.:)

Anyways my mom took pics at the show but however I will post them ASAP!

Congrats!!! When I see breeders who I've helped out giving them rabbits and studding their does...it always pleases me to see them do well with their animals. Sometimes, the animals they are beating me with are from my own stock! :p

Sharon

Thanks. I am very quite happy that I gotten both. :) I would like to try ARBA shows but the shows are 3-4 hours away. But it wuld be good for me to see how good my rabbits (even though I won't get anything) but atleast the judge and breeders can tell me what I need to improve on and everything.

Congrats on the win! Are you going to be going to the show in Ringoes NJ? I will be showing my Holland Lop Emma there.......Reminds self to weigh her to make sure she is not overweight ;)

Latest posts

Back