Surprise Litter Advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For bedding you can use wood stove pellets too, they are usually much cheaper per pound than the cat litter ones ad they come in 50lb bags. Wal-Mart sells rabbit food too, as do some grocery stores.

If your Provo USA os Utah you can go to the IFA Country store Address: 55 W 500 S
Phone Number: 801-373-7680
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-7pm

It appears they have feed, hay and bedding which should me much less expensive than the pet store.

Haha! We JUST went there the other day. Unfortunately they didn't have any bales of hay, so we'll have to look somewhere else for that. I'm wondering if it's just too late in the season to get a small bale of alfalfa? I really don't want to have to pay for overpriced hay anymore. Ugh

As an update, the biddies (itty bitty babies :p) are doing great! Here's some pics from a couple of days ago

DSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3019.jpg

DSCN3033.jpg

Another question, how common is it to lose one in a litter and what are the signs of there being a runt? So far it doesn't seem like there are any runts, but they're not even a month old yet.

It is not terribly uncommon to lose 1 or 2 in a litter and it is completely possible that there will not be a runt.If one is it will be smaller than the rest, however runts can thrive too!
Hay is not a requirement in a rabbits diet so long as they are being fed a commercial rabbit pellet that is a complete diet.
Requirements for feeding a rabbit are pellets (complete diet) and water, my rabbits get hay as a treat as well as the occasional lettuce, carrot or celery.

I have a litter that looks just like that, mom and dad are both New Zealand White in my case and they were a planned litter born this passed Saturday.

Latest posts

Back