Surgery Tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiquita090

Reaction score
His abscess is gone though!! I've explained thisto vet over the phone but he thinks I'm crazy and says it's impossible.It really is gone though, at least 95% of the way. The antibioticsworked like a charm! There's a little bump where the abscess used to beon Calvin's cheek, about the size a pea, to me it feels like it's justinflammed gum tissue. It's not at all the consistencey of the bigabscess he had before.

So I'm taking him in tomorrow morning and as far as I know now he hasto stay over night.Wish Calvin luck! Poor thing, he's gonnabe scared and all alone in the vets office...

I'll post a pic of him right after he developed the abscess and a more recent one, taken about 3 days ago.

You and he will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know when he's out of the surgery.

Give him kisses for me.

-Carolyn

Aww I will definitely be keeping Calvinin my prayers. He looks so sweet posing for his pictures. I'm curiouswhat the vet says. Here is to a total and complete recovery. You willboth be in my thoughts and in my prayers. Good Luck!

Tina

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns guys!Calvin's doing good!! He had to stay overnight at the vet so I havn'tseen him with my own two eyes yet but talked with the vet around 4pm.He said they'd just gotten done with surgery and Calvin was begining towake up.

He saw for himself how much the abscess had improved, but the capsulethat the pus had been in before was still there so he removed that andalso put beads in.

The final verdict about the tooth, the one he thought had broken, hesaid there wasn't even really a tooth root there so he thinks maybeCalvin never even had a tooth there. Who knows what made him thinkCalvin broke a tooth, a broken tooth and no tooth at all are prettydifferent things. But I was so happy that Calvin came out of surgery okand everything that I didn't even think to ask. If Calvin never had atooth there then it wasn't the tooth that caused theabscess,I don't have a clue what could've caused it but thevet said something as small as peice of hay getting stuck there orsomething could've caused it. Also, his other teeth are perfectly fine.Nothing has spread. Originally I'd been told that Calvin may have toget his cute lil front teeth removed, but he's been cleared from thatnow. :)

I'm going to pick him up tommorow evening, that's when the realrecovery will begin. Jordan misses him alot. (and me too of course)I'll post an update tommorow after I pick him up. Thanks again for allyour support!

Chiq, Gabby has a bunny who just had a facialsurgery and she had a hugeeeee cyst on her face. She's doingvery well. (search daphnee)

I'm sure he'll look rough but he's doing great! I'm so happy for you and for him!

I know you can't wait to see him and know you have him in your arms :)

Give him kisses from us here!

I just got home with him a little while ago. Helooks pretty weird. lol Alot of cheek hair is shaved off, so it's oddseeing one cheek with all that poofy hair and then the other without.

He's doing pretty good though I think. We only got home a short timeago so it's hard to say. He started eating hay right after we walked inthe door though, and at the vet he wasn't eating atall.Jordan could do him alot of good right now, in comfortinghim etc, but the vet said I need to keep them apart for two days sothat Jordan doesn't try to lick Calvin's stiches.

Bless his heart, and yours too.

Thank you for the update. Glad he's home and nibbling. :)

Consider giving him a bit of NutriCal to boost his immune system. Poor guy.

Prayers and thoughts are sent from here.

Please keep us apprised.

Thank you, Chiquita.

-Carolyn

Awww poor little fella. Give him a little smooch for me.

Sounds like he's happy to be home tho..... eating is a good thing :)

Update...Calvin's doing WONDERFUL!!:DHe's been eating hay, pellets, spinach and wheat grass! (nocarrots yet though) He seems to have plenty of energy too! He stilllooks really weird though lol, with his cheek shaved and all...

chiquita090 wrote:
Update...Calvin's doing WONDERFUL!! :DHe's beeneating hay, pellets, spinach and wheat grass! (no carrots yet though)He seems to have plenty of energy too! He still looks really weirdthough lol, with his cheek shaved and all...

Very glad to read the good news!

Pam

Wow...I posted this about a month ago, makes me feel special that people still care! :Dlol

Calvin's still doing great!! His hair's growing back reallyslow. He still has no cheek hair on the left side, andmissing some hair on his leg where they shaved him to put the IV in.But of course none of that's important! He's eating plenty,binkying alot, and back to being a trouble maker! He's even beengrooming Jordan somewhat lately, before that abscess incident he alwaysacted stuck up and would stick his nose up in the air when Jordan wouldask to have his head cleaned. I think the experiance grounded him abit. ;)

Latest posts

Back