Support Critter Camp in the Pepsi Refresh Contest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueFrog

Reaction score
Critter Camp Exotic Pet Sanctuary in German Valley IL, which houses over300 previously unwantedanimals, is in serious contention for a grant from the Pepsi Refresh Contest - but it needs your support to win a much-needed spot in the top ten.

Among Critter Camp's residents are35 bunnies, most of whom were neglected, abandoned, abused, or otherwise unwanted. They are the go-to group for "unadoptable" rabbits or those who would otherwise be euthanized at shelters. Among their residents is one to whom I have a special connection: Oscar, a Himalayan found stuffed in a trash can, covered in ticks. He was taken toa shelter but because of his red eyes and troubled past, no one would adopt him and he would have been euthanized but for the intervention of Critter Camp. I've also sent numerous other buns whose time at Chicago area shelters had run out.

Regular votes via Web and text are golden, but previous recipients have told us that in order to win, we especially need the Power Vote codes from the underside of yellow capped Pepsi products. If you drink Pepsi, or even just have access to the recycle bin of Pepsi drinkers, you can enter the codes on the Refresh Everything web site or email them to [email protected].

Please consider this simple and effective way to help save rabbits!

I feel bad about Critter Camp not moving up from the sixth place. Is anyone else voting? :anyone:

This rescue/sanctuary helps so many unwanted and abandoned fur-kids. All it costs is the time to log-in and vote. Go get ya some warm fuzzies from helping out with a few seconds of on-line voting-time every day. :bunnyhug:

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -- Aesop

I had no idea the codes helped! I will collect caps from around the office! Luckily we recycle so it shouldn't be too hard to get lots of caps.

Can someone put the link to the website please.

When I typed in Pepsi Refresh I got ther Canadian site. i don't think thats the one.

Thanks

Susan:)

:biggrin: Thanks so much Brandy!! Any little bit helps, and I guess the caps are bonus points!!

Susan, BlueFrog has the link in the blue words "Pepsi Refresh Contest." The link takes me to the Pepsi Refresh site every time. Actually it takes me to Critter Camp's Refresh page so it is easy to vote for.

I have found that there is a thing at the bottom of the page, after signed in, that says "Your Dashboard." They actually keep track of the projects you have voted for in the past. I go in there to vote each day for Camp Critter. I also vote the purchase of wigs for the kids with Alopecia/global awareness. I think that if you vote for other projects that are not in the same financial tier, then your vote for Critter Camp counts more towards their goal.

Thanks everyone for caring about these 'un-adoptable'/unwanted kids. :hug2:

I'm certainly voting every day, but that #6 spot worries me. Way too close to being out of the running. :pray:

I think I saw my neighbor bringing his groceries in yesterday with a six-pack of bottled Pepsi.:ph34r2 Iwill have to give him a call to see if he needs the caps for anything.... :ponder:

What happens now? I logged in to vote for Critter Camp, and it says that they are finalists because the voting closed with them in sixth place. Do we get to votefor them in the finalists competition, or is that up to Pepsi to make the decision who gets the funding?

WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!

All the top ten finalists (Critter Camp was #7)receive funding once Pepsi audits the results to ensure that all votes were cast fairly. Everyone involved is over the moon - especially the newly arrived bug-eyed NZW just saved from death row :)

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However... I strongly encourage everyone to continue scrounging those power codes and voting for your favoritecharity in this month's round. Lots of great animal-relatedand other causes are desperate for funds in this poor economy and the Refresh Project has been a savior for many.

BlueFrog, please update when everything is set in stone about Critter Camp's winnings. I am so happy for them!! Tell them to snuggle a critter for me, will ya?
:weee: Thanks Pepsi!!! Thanks to any other forum members who voted!! :yahoo:

Well, how cool is that!! Just the time it take to cast a vote once a day gave these fur-kids a chance at life. I am so happy for Critter Camp!! Thanks for posting, BlueFrog, to let us know about something so worthwhile. :big kiss:

Latest posts

Back