Super soft poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper89

Reaction score
So recently Pepper had been going to the vet pretty much this whole week.
He has GI statis and is currently recovering. Um he has been on critical care for a week now feeding 3x a day. He is recently eating pellets and some hay but his poop is very soft and i had called the vet they said it was okay cause of the poop med and pain med he was on but now he hasnt had those for a few days and i looked in on him tonight and im worried that he might have diarrhea now (it is still slightly formed but super soft it almost looks like a cow patty). His poop is coming out extremely soft and it look like he missed when running to the litterbox. My question is can critical care cause diarrhea? He is no longer on his pain or poop meds for two days now and I didnt do his feeding tonight cause i thought maybe the critical care was the problem. And it looked like he was eating a bunch of hay before i left him for the night. I will try to get him to the vet tomorrow since today they were closed.

It may be because of the meds only. Soft poop can be for lot of reasons. Even the color of poop changes because of meds. Please consult with your vet and let us know what they are suggesting.

Latest posts

Back