Super fluffy lionhead or a mix?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korah Stoddard

Reaction score
Howdy! I got this little guy, Otto, from the rescue a few years back at about 4 months old. They said he was a pure lionhead, but all of the other lionheads I've seen have just had a ring of fur around their faces and sometimes a skirt (I have also had a lionhead lop mix and he wasn't nearly this fluffy). Otto's entire face and most for his body is pure fluff to the point that I have to trim it so he's able to see. Does anyone else have a lionhead like this, or do you think he is some kind of angora mix.
I do not know exactly how big he is, but he is just a bit smaller than my mini lop who's about 5 pounds.

Screenshot_20231024_083849_Gallery.jpg

A month or so after I got him next to my old Holland lop.

Screenshot_20231024_084120_Gallery.jpg
A few days ago right before his haircutis
Today post-haircut

Attachments

• 20231024_080136.jpg
    20231024_080136.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
It's possible he's a lionhead mix. Or he may just be a double maned lionhead, as opposed to a single mane. And some can have a genetically thicker coat, which he appears to have.

Howdy! I got this little guy, Otto, from the rescue a few years back at about 4 months old. They said he was a pure lionhead, but all of the other lionheads I've seen have just had a ring of fur around their faces and sometimes a skirt (I have also had a lionhead lop mix and he wasn't nearly this fluffy). Otto's entire face and most for his body is pure fluff to the point that I have to trim it so he's able to see. Does anyone else have a lionhead like this, or do you think he is some kind of angora mix.
I do not know exactly how big he is, but he is just a bit smaller than my mini lop who's about 5 pounds.

View attachment 65450

A month or so after I got him next to my old Holland lop.

View attachment 65451
A few days ago right before his haircutis
Today post-haircut
I have a lionhead who is just as fluffy...she has a gorgeous coat and you can find her lying on or near an air vent to keep cool. I've attached a pic. She is a double moaned, blue eyed, and I have to keep her bottom shaved, or else it gets very messy. She has a hard time eating her cecotropes because of all the fur and I trim around her eyes as well so she can see. When she pinkies, its a real treat...like a giant powder puff...lol!

Attachments

• 20231203_200747.jpg
    20231203_200747.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
What a fluffy boy! Of course it's impossible to know for sure, but he may just be a double maned lionhead with some extra fluff!

I have a lionhead who is just as fluffy...she has a gorgeous coat and you can find her lying on or near an air vent to keep cool. I've attached a pic. She is a double moaned, blue eyed, and I have to keep her bottom shaved, or else it gets very messy. She has a hard time eating her cecotropes because of all the fur and I trim around her eyes as well so she can see. When she pinkies, its a real treat...like a giant powder puff...lol!
Oh wow, what a pretty rabbit!

Back