Sunflower seeds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
I bought a pack of black sunflower seeds in a health food shop this morning. Do I remember right that they are the ones recommended to feed to bunnies (in moderation of course) It says for seeding on the pack. I never gave mine the ordinary seeds as i thought it needs to be the black ones. Can someone clarify that for me?

I would just be careful if the seeds you bought are for planting. They may be treated with rooting hormones or growth inducers. I use plain black sunflower seeds, like what they sell to feed the birds.

The seeds were actually meant to sprout and for human consumption. They are also labled organic so I wouldn't think they are harmful? I've never seen black sunflower seeds in the shop before only the light brown ones

How many should he get. He is quite thin at the moment and I guess he weighs less than 2kg?

If he has never had them before, I'd only give him 2 or 3 to start with. See if he likes them and if they agree with him. I only feed mine Sunflower seeds every other day (usually during the winter). So wait a day before giving him more.

I may give him two tonight so. First wanted to make sure i have the right stuff. If he doesn't like them I sprout them and have them in salad:D

They actually aren't deshelled if there the same ones I feed my lot. My ones dive into them, They also help to put on the weight.

Latest posts

Back