Sun and her first litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
First a bit of background about my little Sunbunny. She was bred and born with us. Her mum is Lucy and Sun was the first baby that Lucy was able to raise herself as she had no luck with her litters before.

Sun is named after the character in lost her dad is called Jin (as in Jin the chin) she was born on the 19th July 2007. And is a beautiful bunny she loves cuddles with me and likes to give my hair a good groom when she comes to see me :)

When she was about 3 weeks old she broke her back leg. I was devastated and was convinced I woudl lose her but she is a plucky bun so I am even more excited to do a blog for her first litter.

SO first off here is Sun

as a baby

DSC00733.jpg

and now

DSC01032.jpg

SO what an amzing girl never mind being a nethie and being awkward for having babies she has given me my biggest first litter ever having 4 we are still not sure where she was hiding them all.:p

1 day old

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

and today at 8 days old (a baby butt for Julie :p)

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01782.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

Sun is very pretty! Those babies are so cute!!! They all look like they're mommy. What colour was the dad?

Sun is so pretty!! and her babies are too cute for words, i love those little noses!! congrats on the big litter :D can't wait to see more baby pics!! i really love nethies, i wish we had them here..

How did Sun break her back leg? poor girl.. i'm glad she's healed well!

Lets see, wait a month, take a late flight toScotland, bunnynap them and be back on the plane and half way over the Atlantic before the sun rises...THATS IT!;)

Polly they are just too cute for words and I think their color is just beautiful.

Thankyou guys :DBSAR the dad is Jin my chin buck.

babybunnies. No my rabbits are very well handled, I know some breeds can be funny if you go in to their nest but mine are all fine saying that she prefers me going into her nest than Bruce but she is a total mummys girl:)

SOmebunny i was cleaning out their hutch when she was 3 weeks old at that age they have no fear !! she was on the bench with her mum i was right beside her and was watching her while i got the sawdust and she just walked off the edge. i went to catch her but didnt get there in time :(my hands are pretty crappy due to having repetitive strain in them. Chinchilla coloured nethies have much finer bone structure than a lot of teh other colours and that was enough for her to break her leg. It was totally my fault and the very same day i went out and bought a mini carrier for cleaning out times!! so it never happened again.

Dave thankyou :DI will make sure Bruce gets the security cameras up :p

:happyrabbit: YAY! More BBB's -- thanks for thinking of me! baby buns are just so darn cute! I'd never get anything done if I had them... Keep posting pix as they grow so darn fast!

OH MY GOSH! Look at those precious wrinkly babies! Sun is gorgeous! I love the first picture of her and her little one. They are just adorable!

here are suns babies tonight eyes are very nearly open i would reckon they will open them tomorrow :D

DSC01801.jpg

Sun is now eating like her usual self (like a horse :p) and has beenout having a run with me and loads of snuggles:D

i didn't know that, thanks for sharing :D its nice to learn something new about bunnies every day

SO!.. have the babies opened their eyes yet??? if yes, we demand pics!! :p :p

polly wrote:
Chinchilla coloured nethies have much finer bone structure than a lot of teh other colours and that was enough for her to break her leg.

Awwww! I'm so proud of Sun. She's an amazing bun to have survived that broken leg at that age and to bounce back and give you a huge litter! :biggrin2:

Glad she's feeling better and eating properly again too.

Julie I promise I will post the new pics tomorrow am kinda tired tonight :)Bruce got a great butt for you :p

Peek a boo lol they are gorgeous aren't they! Well i sure love em! I am taking 3 one from my last litter and 2 (hopefull if i have 2 does in this litter) down to Yorkshire for Jazzywoo's daugter she fell in love with SUn from one of my MSN pics

Jenson thanks Hon she sure is a great mom i am over the moon with her.

Mouse chalk any time but no bunny napping :p

Thank to all of you I really have hopes for this litter too and delphi's and sophies lmbo well all really :p

Back