Summers Spa Day!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lover_Of_Lopz wrote:
......I feel bad if she looks uncomfortable :cry2

I'm sorry you feel that way, but she truly does look uncomfortable. Just from the pictures, and looking at her face in them, you can tell she would much rather be sitting in her cage or doing something else.

Also, the soap in her ears is quite bad too, because that can cause damage. Even though it's not totally in her ears in those pictures, I'm sure that some did go down her ear canal.

Sorry but I just think giving bunnies baths "for fun" is not safe. I've had my share of that and almost lost some babies because of it. I now,NEVER put my rabbits in water unless they need a butt bath, in which case they are held in my or my sister's arms while the other one washes the bottom. Only the backend gets wet.

Emily

To me it looks like she might be tranced rather then enjoying it, would she hop into the water by herself if you didn't put her on her back?

You put her on her back yourself and then put her in ya?

Whoa! hold on here....... we aren't going to lash out .....

Bunnies sometimes LOVE water. It's not best to bathe them if they don't but sometimes we all have to do butt baths! I think a big concern is the soap you make the bubbles with and making sure they get dry and not bathing too often...... You have to be careful.

Also, I can't imagine a tranced bunny not waking when put in water..... if they don't like it.

:yeahthat: I'm with Bo on this. If she goes in herself, and has done it before, then it sounds like she is OK with it. If she wasn't then she would run a mile when she got near the water.

Pernod loved the water - she would deliberately sit in the pouring rain. And I've seen several articles on TV and in newspapers on rabbits swimming - both wild ones and domestic.

I agree that the soap isn't a good idea, and that she needs a thorough drying after (Pernod hated the drying), but very cute photos.

Jan

I think I remember a thread about Pernod sitting in the rain one time!

Lexi's mare will stand in the run in with her butt hanging out in the rain LOL!

Bo likes the warm water for a butt bath but as soon as it gets a bit cooler.... he's DONE!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Whoa! hold on here....... we aren't going to lash out .....

I fully agree with you on that, Bo. Especially those people who were repeatedly told not to do something themselves, and then went and did it anyway.... Sorry if that bites, but it annoys me when I see people do this.

Ok I wont put her in the watter anymore unless she gets in all by her self:)

She does look comfy. Trust me I can show you an angry bunny getting a bath. Next time I will have my husband take a video of the trio getting a bath.

People need to keep in mind that EVERY bunny is different. I have 8 rabbits 4 need regular baths. 2 which HATE it. 1 which tolerates them. 1 who could care less.

That's good to know, Ali. See, I think if they really hated it..... even tranced they'd flip out when they hit that water...

Next time I will take a video. Though I have two plastic tub thingys I use now.

summer is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......no jk.

hi NICOLE!!!!!!!
bye!:wave::bunny24:bunnydance::singing::nod:twitch::shock::p:D:biggrin2::biggrin2::shhhh::clown:censored2::scared::yawn:

Oh, I didn't think about it well enough. It does make sense that she'd wake up from a trance if she didn't like the water. I bet she does like it and it's adorable. ;)

Latest posts

Back