Sulking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Ok perhaps I'm being an over protective mom but Spice is worrying me...

He is not acting like himself right now. He's just sitting in a cornerof this temporary cage doing nothing, not even terrorizing his cage.

He is eating --I gave him some veggies as I do once a weekand them gave him a piece of pumpkin because I notice there is no poopsand he's been in his cage for over2 hours (perhaps I need todo a bit more digging to ensure this is in fact correct), and he ate asmall amount of pellets from my hand with gusto.

I'm thinking that perhaps he's quite unhappy that he's been inside fornearly 24 hours (I let him run around for an hour earlier and he wasfine). Now I'm off to check for poops again, if there are some I'mseriously thinking he's depressed about being inside!

I just checked and there is no poops.

I'm really worried now... :(I told my parents we need to keepour eyes on him. I'm sort of worried he ingester too much paper andcardboard and now has an impaction. :(

I did give him pumpkin already, I'm going to wait a bit but I'm really concerned about him.

He doesn't appear to be in pain.

He's in the garage because its below -30*C outside with windchill factors of below -40!

Ohhh...that's pretty cold...we got a thunderstorm today here in Toronto...kind of odd for January....

Not Spice!! I will be saying a prayer for himtonight with my prayer group that he is just a little crabby at beinginside. Do you have any Nutrical at home you could try? I think that ifhe is still eating that that is a good sign.

Fergi's mom

I can't seem to find Nutrical around, maybe I'm just not looking at the right places.

I'll be watching him closely and I will take him to the vet if needed.

I know you are one of the best bunny moms on theforum and you will take excellent care of our Spice. I hope it is justan off moment for the little guy. Please keep us posted if you are ableto, I know it is hard with school and all but I really will be with youin all the worrying. Saying another prayer for you and your little guy.

Fergi's mom

HE POOPED! :D(Only bunny people can be this happy to see poop!)

Although I do believe perhaps he had something stuck like a minorhairball or the beginning of a cardboard impaction -- nothing terriblyserious unless it grew much more. If it was the beginning of something,then it could possibly be passed but could have just gotten stucktemporarily.

He is now acting fine -- much more alert and happy to see me.

The poor boy.

I'll be keeping my eye on him very closely for a while to make sure he's alright.

There's not doubt in my mind that something was wrong because ofSpice's personality change. That's the one thing that really worries meis when their personality is totally different. He is definitelyfeeling better because he's acting 100% like his old self.

Well there is now lots and lots of poops allover! I think he's feeling better but I'll keep adding pineapple orpumpkin daily just ot make sure it's all cleared up. :)

I'll tell you,babies and bunnies....you can sure tell if there's a poop problem! Itjust makes them grumpy! For that matter maybe that's what's wrong witha lot of folks...maybe they are all walking around full of $#%!!!:p

It's good you know to watch hispersonality Laura. You are such a good girl. Did I see that you saidyou had relatives here in Kansas?

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
It's good you know to watchhis personality Laura. You are such a good girl. Did I see that yousaid you had relatives here in Kansas?

Raspberry
I watch both of their personalities closely all the time because that'sthe tell tale sign that something's wrong. The odd time they go offtheir food for a few hours but it's nothing, they just don't want toeat. Even my parents know their personalities because it was actuallymy dad who said Spice looked like he was sulking. I hadn't been outthere since I had cleaned out his cage because I was doing homework butmy dad's comment sent me outside to check and sure enough something waswrong.

And yes I have family in Kansas, although I only met them once a fewyears ago. This last summer we were invited to a wedding in Wichita,Kansas but we were unable to go because my parents had to work ( Iwould have loved to go to Kansas! I've only been in California,Washington, Montana, Idaho, and that area only once in my life).

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
Well there is now lots and lots of poops all over! I thinkhe's feeling better but I'll keep adding pineapple or pumpkin dailyjust ot make sure it's all cleared up. :)
YIPPEEEEE FOR BUNNER POOS!!!!!!!!! :D

We are some really sick people! ;):p

YAY!! YAY for POOPS!!!!!

And I agree us bunny types must be the craziest lot to other peoplegetting excited over poopies , but hey good poops are important :)

LOL! I never thought I'd say I'm happy to see his cage a disaster!

I do have to thank this forum though. This forum has essentially set myreactions in situations to not panic but make sure they are eating andget some pineapple or pumpkin in their system if there is no poops. I'mreally quite shocked how calm I was because I was really worried aboutmy baby boy for a little while there...

He's doing great today, very energetic and what not. :)

Latest posts

Back