suggestions please!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr

Reaction score
hey can u guys give me some suggetions before iget my rabbit or what i should do when i get a rabbit:) ireally want to be prepared for this andhave the rabbit becomfortable in its new enviroment.

Did you read the Cheat Sheet for rabbit care??That has a lot of info you need!! Just wanna remind you, youcan't know everything there is to know before you get yourbun! I'm very proud of you for doing all this research andtaking a lot of time to study up before you get him! However,I'm sure everyone on this forum will agree, that many lessons you haveto learn through experience. Once you get yourrabbit,you're going to come across things that youhave never thought of before. But I will compile a list of(what I think are) the top 5 most important things to know:

1. Must have fresh water 24/7

2. Any sign of diarrhea, no poops, not drinking, not eating, lethargy,anything abnormal is an emergency and you shouldn't delay and wait forthings to get better! No fluids in 24 hours is fatal!

3. Keep all wires out of reach and provide many many toys, you cannever have too many! But make sure none of the toys are madeout of synthetic materials (like stuffed animals or blankets)...theseare fatal if ingested.

4. Whenever introducing new foods (pellets and greens), do it gradually! Bunnies are very sensitive to change!

5. And most importantly-BE PATIENT! They need to warm up toyou on their own terms....don't pick them up the first day, unless it'san emergency.

Every bad moment you go through will be worth it in the end!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back