Sugar's Medicine and Drainage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
My baby boy has had a rough childhood, living out in the forest in a rabbit hutch with dozens of others and being the runt of the litter, but things escalated when we found a cuterebra larvae in his neck. The infection soon spread down to his elbow, forming two huge pus lumps. Today his surgery went well. He has some incisions on his elbow that aren't covered, and a plastic tubing going from his neck down to the opening in his elbow for draining out the remaining pus and preventing future infection. I have to shoot a syringe of medication into his mouth twice a day and I think once a day water mixed with a chemical to help drain out the pus. I love my Sugar, and I know he's on the road to healing, but I still feel scared. He is probably in so much pain right now with that stuff in his arm, he doesn't know what's going on. :tears2:

And plus he can't go cuddle and groom with Cotton this week because she'll chew out the tubes, I know she well because she's always inspecting him.

Latest posts

Back