Suddenly needy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delaney

Reaction score
So my rabbit Greyhound is a little over six months old and over the past week maybe, she’s stopped being in her little hiding spots and started sleeping with me and randomly will just want lots and lots of attention and pets, she climbs all over me and sticks her butt in my face and nudges me and gives me lots of kisses, and I can’t figure out why she’s suddenly so needy, she does perfectly fine when I’m not here but as soon as I come home she comes running for me, just checking she’s okay, (she’s not spayed yet)

Maybe she um... loves you? ;)
How long is she with you, you said she was hiding previously, maybe now she just started trusting you also maybe she's growing and needs some love, anyways you're really lucky you have such a loving friend there :)

How long is she with you, you said she was hiding previously, maybe now she just started trusting you also maybe she's growing and needs some love, anyways you're really lucky you have such a loving friend there :)
So new thing to add to this, last night she got really hyper and not only peed on me but humped me a couple times...

Also I have had her since she was two months old

I made an appt to have her spayed in early January, but how do I tell her I don’t like that? I’m hoping getting her spayed will help and if not I’ll have to look into getting her a little boyfriend

In my limited experience, getting a bunny to understand you don’t want them to do something is hit or miss. (Okay, mostly “miss” with me! I think my fur kids figure out exactly how to drive me batty and then do whatever it is just to get a reaction! Especially my girl!) I just say firmly, “No!” and put them down or back in their kingdom. As for the boyfriend...they love having a companion of their own furriness. But bonding can be an awful stressful time for them AND YOU...do a lot of research. If I ever had to do it again, I would take my bun to a rescue that does “bunny bonding dates.” I just brought a rescue home and I love her but it’s been super crazy here ever since. Still working out some kinks... like having two perfectly litter box trained bunnies become untrained when kept together. Can you say “poop wars”?! Good thing they are SO cute....

Oh! In the meantime, get her a stuffed animal! I got Fur’o a soft pink bunny girlfriend that he would snuggle with!

I never thought they’d be one to love toys, I might give a look through my old stuffed animals and see if she likes them, she isn’t one to play with toys, (mostly cardboard boxes and maybe some sticks if she can unravel them) but maybe she’d like a little stuffed friend, it’d be nice whenever we have to go for a ride, also I sadly don’t live in an area where they have bunnies at shelters, I got her from someone 45 minutes away, possibly a breeder... but I’d be willing to drive a couple hours to a place that does that if it’s what she wants

You sound like a wonderful mum!!! ♥️ And the stuffie is not so much to play with but to snuggle with and groom....and yes, probably hump... just until you get her fixed. Then she will probably stop doing that.

She’s my world, I pretty much let her get away with everything cuz I can’t discipline her she’s too cute! And I’ll have to see if petco is open tomorrow! It’d be worth trying and if she doesn’t like it then to my sisters dog it goes! Also this is what my little muffin looks like!

Attachments

• 8EFC8460-0C23-43E8-A3B4-541628030A54.jpeg
    8EFC8460-0C23-43E8-A3B4-541628030A54.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 11
She’s super cute! And I know what you mean about the too cute to discipline thing... they’ll do something that they shouldn’t and then you scold them but they are just so darn cute you end up kissing them instead!

Latest posts

Back