Suddenly my bunny can't walk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm curious haven did your bunnies test ever come back for E.cuniculi?

And I agree with tonyshuman. If you suspect EC please take your rabbit to a vet and get a titer test done.

thanks everyone for your concerns..tonyshuman unfortunatly there is no member-approved vet in my location(Iran) and yes like haven, my bunny suddenly had hind leg paralysis..i had her x-rayed and no fracture was shown..i think it's E.cuniculi bcuz of the weakness of the back legs,and maybe she has kidney problems for showing increased thirst and urination..but it's better to take a blood test to be 100% sure..i read in a site those rabbits under stress (poor environment and nutrition) and with poor immune systems will be more likely to show immediate clinical signs once exposed to E. cuniculi..
tomorrow i'll take her to vet again..so worry about her..:(

taking the blood test and it coming up positive isnt a 100% sure sign its E.cuniculi. If it comes back negative then you know its 100% not, but a positive test can mean other things such as the bunny has been exposed before. What we were going to do with my tan or what people recommended was taking a blood sample 14days apart and testing for the titer on both samples. This would show either an increase or decrease in values.

Well, Haven is healthy as an ox. He eats well and he's one happy bunny, but unfortunately one of his boys, Micky suddenly can't walk. We took him to the vet and vet is not 100% sure if it's spine injury or not, but he decided to go with spine injury. Micky has been on both Prednisolone and Baytril for a week, but there's no progress. I told doctor about Haven, but he kinda ignored my input. Anyway, this morning he gave us Panacur, so we will see if Micky makes a progress. This happened to Micky in late October just like it happened to Haven two years ago. It's weird.

Here's Micky in vet's office. Poor guy.
micky.jpg

I forgot this. X-Ray doesn't show clear dislocation or broken bones. My vet kinda took a wild guess and made up his mind as spinal injury. I hope Panacur will work.

Have they been outside at all? They could have gotten a hold of a wild mushroom or a few.

That happened to my female flemish.

Took a month to get her back to normal, and she does have some nerve damage to her rear as she can't hop/run like she used to.

Back