Sudden death

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serenz

Reaction score
I bought trixie on April 24th and from the looksof it, she's about 3 months. Eating/drinking fine(even put on weight ), no runny nose/eyes, no vomitting but today she suddenly died. I haveno idea why or how.

My only guess is the foodI'mgiving. At first I wasusingBritter bunny but she didn't really like it sorecentlyI switched it to Oxbow(3 days).

Oh ya, when I found her, it looks like she's foaming around her mouth. Food poisoning?

Anyone have any ideas on what might have happened?

Aw honey, I am so sorry to hear that.

There are many things that can cause sudden death, too many for us to make any sort of sensible guess at it.

Have you considered a necropsy (I think that's what it's called)? Whichis basicallya post mortem to determine the cause ofdeath. Maybe that might help you to get some sort of closure,and allow yourself to understand what happened.

I'm so sorry.

RIP Trixie

x

I'm so sorry. It's really hard to saywhy this happened without a vet doing a necropsy (animalautopsy). I don't know where you got her from, but sometimesbaby rabbits at pet stores are highly stressed and come from millbreeders who overbreed their rabbits. All of this can causeproblems with their immune system. It's also possible she hada heart defect. Many sudden deaths in rabbits are due toheart problems.

Binky free, Trixie. :sad:

Oh, Sweetie...how terrible...my heart aches for you in losing your Trixie.

I have a Trixie of my own, and I know that if she could speak Human,she would tell you it broke her heart to hear of another Trixie passingon...

All my love for you, and for your family...

Rosie

P.S. Binky happy, Sweet Trixie, across the Rainbow Bridge. :bunnyangel::rainbow:

Feel absolutely free to post something in the Rainbow Bridge section,if you haven't already, ok? I'm sure there are many peoplethat would like to give you love and encouragement through this time...

Latest posts

Back