Sudden Death Of Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren Harrison

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I could do with some help!
Within the last few days all 3 of my rabbits have passed away unexpectedly. 1 died a few days before the other 2 so I dont know if that had something to do with the death of the other 2.

All 3 of my rabbits were healthy and were all about 2/3 years old. Theyve been perfectly fine, they have a lot of freedom and a good diet, lots of greens and kale.
I am just very confused to why this happed, one of our rabbitd were hit with fly strike but we managed to get her sorted and treated in time and she made a very good recovery.
However, a conker did fall into my outdoor rabbit enclosure and i think there's a chance that one of my rabbits had a bite out of it (the green shell) and I dont know how toxic they are to them.

We do live next door to loud dogs but they have never really been a bother to our rabbits so i doubt they have been scared by the barking.

If anyone could help me understand that would be amazing and hopefully help give my mum some closure.

I'm very sorry about your loss.

Were your rabbits vaccinated against RHD1 and myxomatosis, and RHD2? It's two separate vaccinations. Did you contact your vet about the deaths of your rabbits, and if so what did they say?

Yeah I think you got a virus that went through your rabbits... so sorry to hear this.

Yes I thought the same thing, I’m so sorry to hear what happened :( RHD and myxy are very common here in UK.

Back