Success!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vibribunbun

Reaction score
Hi,

So I talked to my step mum again for the hundredth time and she finally said I could spay!
She said that if I work full time and have some money to aside then I can do it but not to tell my dad.

it used to be a hard no, I'm over the moon she's changed her mind. It was always that is have to do it when we moved in 12 years time (as cant litter train without it and I wanted a house rabbit)

In context I used to work full time until my manager and collegues as horrible to me, so I went from Specsavers to whsmith. I work part time as it was the only employment they do at this one. 20 hrs is the max they do.
Low and behold I'm getting bullied at my new job after almost working their a year. People are awful to autistic people.
So my step mum is finding me a new job as I'm working. Then I'll hand my notice in and move on.

I need a full time job to get used to it again and it's just a bonus that I get to spay my angels...
No more aggression, no risk of ovarian tumours!!!!!!

That’s great news!! So happy for you and your buns!!

Sounds like you’ve got a wonderful mom. My autistic nephew has been treated similarly and it took him a while to find a good fit for employment too. He finally found one that treats him well and allows him to shine and he’s very happy. It’s definitely possible! I hope you find a job that is a good fit where you’re treated well soon.

That's great news about your step mom coming around!

I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation though. While you're looking for a new job, maybe it would be worthwhile to share some resources with your employer on how to better support autistic employees. In the end, it's the employer's responsibility to create a work environment that's free from harassment.

Lots of interesting resources available here:

https://www.neurodiversityhub.org/resources-for-employers

Back