Stupid stuck up people

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieMillyMommy

Reaction score
I was out by the pool brushing Pixie and told my bf's mom about Pixies NIC cage and that Pixie was very happy. She makes fun of me all the time of having a rabbit. She thinks her dogs are the world and no other animal matters to her. She laughed soooooooooo hard when I told her Pixie was happy. She goes "You can tell when a bunnies happy"? "Can a bunny even get happy". Pretty much telling me that she thinks bunnies are just a cage animal and they dont do anything. Im like she doesnt run and do flips in the air for nothing and it sure the hell doesnt mean shes mad. What do I tell people like her? :nonono::banghead:tantrum::soapbox

Oh boy, I can't stand people like that at all! You can go into bun mode and tell her all kinds of things, like how they are easily litter trained, that's always a good one. "You can litter train a rabbit?" Of course:biggrin2:. Did you tell her they're called "Binkies"? haha

I'm sure more will come to add to this one, you need to put her in her place, she shouldn't be making fun of you by any means.

PixieMillyMommy wrote:
Everytime I mention binkies, she laughs more like "hahaha, omg they have a name for a bunny leap". :nope::pssd::devil
Just ignore her then. Don't even respond with anything and enjoy your bunnies.:kiss:

hah, I would think up some pretty rotten things to say about dogs and be ready with a comeback whenever she says anything.

I feel sorry for people like that because they will never know the love and joy these animals are capable of. When she says something like that, either ignore her or say something like "oh, I guess if rabbits cant be happy then dogs probably cant be either, huh?" :)

I have an aunt and uncle who constantly make comments about rabbit meat any time I mention my babies. I have been about in tears before. It hurts more because theyre family and they should know how much my bunnies mean to me. Ive started making comments about eating their dog and their grandchildren to show them how it feels. I dont think Im getting through though :(

HoneyPot wrote:
hah, I would think up some pretty rotten things to say about dogs and be ready with a comeback whenever she says anything.
Yup, I don't like dogs much at all, I'd be ready to say "My rabbit is ten times smarter than your dog any minute of the day, didn't you say your dog had an accident on your carpet just the other day? My rabbit never does that":biggrin2:Haha Exaggerate just a tad;).

LoL. Her dogs are Yorkies and they dont know anything but their name. Maybe I should say......."your dogs pee on wee wee pads, my bunny is litter trained". :D

Perfect!

"Oh? What was that? You think it's funny that my rabbit goes to the bathroom in a litter tray? Hah, say's someone who's dogs have to pee with guidance."

:p

It hurts more because theyre family and they should know how much my bunnies mean to me.
I can relate, it does hurt more when it's family and not some random stranger. :hug1

-Beth

I don't have that problem so much, because I don't talk about my rabbit to people very much (He doesn't come up much with my friends, and my mom treats him like any other animal ((Which is a good thing, by the way; she treats animals nicely in general)) ) but....my dad.... not that he's a terrible person, but... :?
He refers to rabbits as 'pellet-factories' and in his eyes, if they're not cute, they're worthless :X
Like he talks about Butter as if I don't really care about him? "Oh, he's not that cute. I like your hamster better."
I hate that.
But I'm kinda allowed to sass my parents back when they say things like that (Because I'm older now, I guess?) So I'm usually like "Hm. You're not cute, either. I guess I'll just go pick up another father at DadMart."
I also don't like it when people that HAVE those animals don't care about them:( I remember I was looking something up for my hamster, and one website told me that if I didn't want to pay to take my hamster to the vet, I could FLUSH IT AND BUY A NEW ONE. :shock:

As for your boyfriend's mom's "Can a bunny get happy?" ....What? :shock: All animals can be happy, crazy-face. Just because rabbits don't bark and wag their tails doesn't mean they can't be happy :(
But....I wouldn't rag on her dogs, either, though. That might be just as bad. (And I happen to reaaaally really like dogs) So maybe instead tell her that rabbits are just like dogs, but translate rabbit behaviour into dog-speak so she can understand better? 'Wag tail, bark happily' = Binky 'Growl' = 'Growl' (Lol ) etc... Like that?

Try to pity her because of her ignorance. She clearly doesn't understand or know anything about rabbits.

Maybe suggest she comes on here and learns about them, then at least she will be more informed about them.

Don't let her get to you, just enjoy Pixie and feel smug that you have a lovely pet and she will never have that chance to have a loving bunny.

PixieMillyMommy wrote:
LoL. Her dogs are Yorkies and they dont know anything but their name. Maybe I should say......."your dogs pee on wee wee pads, my bunny is litter trained". :D

You should say, "Oh you have one of thoughs lould dogs. I can't belive how the never shut-up!! And that they pee all over the carpet!!! My rabbit's litter trained and it never barks." Though frankly if I was you I'd just tell, "If you don't like my pets then you can leave."

That story really p**** me off. :grumpy:

People,

-TK

I love dogs too, dont get me wrong, but I think she is wayyyyyyyyy overboard with what she does for them. We cant go to a restaurant without her ordering her dog a big meal and guess who has to pay for his stupid hamburgers all the time. :X Then she has a fenced in yard, but she dont keep him in there, she has to leave every door and gate closed, just because she said he dont like being pinned in, he needs the whole acre of land to roam. She is now ditching her husband of 30 years to sleep on the floor with them every night. Not only is she a little mentally obsessed, but this dog is VERY VERY aggressive. Anytime you even walk in the kitchen, he bits you and doesnt stop because of his food. He dont like any people. Every time people come over, he bites them. And what does she do all the time.......just says "JACK" one time and then laughs like hes cute. Then everytime her cat comes in to eat, she goes "you better be careful, jack will bite you". Im like HELLO the cat is eating, GET YOUR **** DOG!!!! Its so irritating and I dont know why. Am I being immature about this dog or is there really something wrong with her? :nonono::tantrum::banghead:soapbox

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!! haha! We posted at the same time!!:shock:

t.

Moominmoo wrote:
Sounds like she needs the 'Dog Whisperer' to come into her home and retrain her on how to be a successful dog owner.

Latest posts

Back