stuffed toys/animals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvthempigs

Reaction score
I wonder what are the best type of stuffed toys for bunnies?

I know not to get something with a squeeky inside or button eyes, etc.but are there any other things to watch for? I don't want to give them something that will possibly make them sick or hurt them.

I'm not sure about this one.. some rabbits don't chew things but when I first got my bunny Benjamin I put a cuddly toy rabbit in with him.. it was fine for a week or so... then limbs started to go missing LOL! He ripped of the tail... then the arms & legs and then the head so eventually it was just a ball of white stuff! He had hidden the legs and stuff under his straw!

He always completely destroyed a quilt I put over his cage to keep him warm at night, he pulled it through the cage.. yeah mum was not happy lol!!

Becca

Yea, Some buns are just destructive I guess. I am going to try and find something that is just a plain stuffed toy (maybe something like a dog toy) and see how it goes.

I have used like the baby safe kind. They don't have eyes or noses that they can eat. I think it was a Care Bear. :)

I ordered online a rabbit, from Busy Bunny. I think thats where I got it. It's a stuffed rabbit for bunnies thats safe.

I wonder if it is possible to get cotton stuffed animals... might be better in case of ingestion (not like that would be a good scenario anyways...)

Slatey had a stuffed duck that he massacred. Bill and little legs are now dangling:D

FLT100.jpg

This is the bunny. I ordered from Leith Petwerks. It's not real big though. It's organic.

Oooh, just remembered! You can make a bunny out of an old cotton athletic sock!
Stuff the foot part of the sock with cotton batting (or maybe Care fresh would work:)
Tie off the ankle part, and cut the ankle part into two floppy "ears".
Stitch little bunny legs up the two sides and one in the middle.

LOL! Someone else's mom did this too: http://breezeb.tripod.com/crafts/sockbunny.html

^^^ That was what I was thinking of :D

Morgan has a baby safe bunny that I got from a thrift store. He LOVES it! He has had it for 2 years now. His little fluffy tail is all "slicked" from Morgan grooming him. Marlin has a baby safe bunny from when Ryan was a baby :). Aaaaand...Brody has a purple stuffed dinosaur from the dollar bins at Target.

With all toys, you just need to make sure it isn't being eaten.

My Tupper decided that a couple of stuffed pandas we have were his. He has adopted them, and gets very mad if they are not in his cage when he is! He doesn't eat them, he just grooms them, and well...let's just say LOVE them :shock:

Tobi had a little stuffed bunny as a companion when she came to live with me. She was fine for a week, then one day she ripped two of the legs off, and that was the end of that.

Nick and Amelia don't seem to care about stuffed toys. They had a little stuffed pyramid sort of thing for awhile, and they would take turns chinning it but otherwise didn't pay any attention to it.

Considering getting something for Ben, though.

Back