Struggling to keep baby bunnies warm , but not too warm!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
So , my buns babies got warm , but then one of them got too hot , and i think it might have cooled down too quick and passed away .
How can i keep the rest warm without them getting too hot?

Just insulate them well. That's what the nest is for.

Hay is great for building nests, and if you don't have enough dry fur (you can dry it on the heating or whatever) you can use cotton wool, dryer lint etc. to add a 1" layer of fluffyness.

Put any heating, if it is necessary, under one corner of the nestbox, kits will wiggle to their goldilocks zone (hay allows that, a blanket not so much). Don't make it too hot to start with.

Doe and kits need rest, quiet and privacy. I would keep the meddling to the bare, necessary minimum.

Just insulate them well. That's what the nest is for.

Hay is great for building nests, and if you don't have enough dry fur (you can dry it on the heating or whatever) you can use cotton wool, dryer lint etc. to add a 1" layer of fluffyness.

Put any heating, if it is necessary, under one corner of the nestbox, kits will wiggle to their goldilocks zone (hay allows that, a blanket not so much). Don't make it too hot to start with.

Doe and kits need rest, quiet and privacy. I would keep the meddling to the bare, necessary minimum.
I'll pick up some cottonwood tomorrow , for now I'll try some hay and a little warm corner

Latest posts

Back