Stressed rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver-willow

Reaction score
All the fireworks have started to go off over the past few days, but today teddys really stressed, he's breathing really fast and his hearts going twice as fast. Is there anything that i can do to calm him down?

Thanks, Yasmin

Maybe try and move his cage to a room where there is less sound of the fireworks,like a laundry room, basement, or a room without windows.

Try and keep the noise level down and maybe put a blanket over half of the cage.

Is he eating/drinking/pooping/peeing normally?

Thankyou,

He's got to stay in the room he's in (my bedroom) as i've got dogs which don't like him.

I've got him in his carry caseas thats where healways seems morstand giving him big cuddles and treats.

Yes he seems to be eating and drinking fine

One thing that i have just noticed though is that he seems to have just sneezed a couple of times?

The carry case is good. All rabbits need a covered 'safe zone' free of human hands and other invasive things, a 'hidey box' of some kind is standard. (The covered part is most important, they feel far more secure not having to watch for predators from above). Putting lots of hay or straw in there will also help, unless you have a bun with an allergy.

Keep an eye on the sneezing, stress will lower the immune system. Is his nose snotty?

sas :?

He's got lots of 'hidey holes' in my room, but for some reason he prefers the carry case thats open got a roof open :s. Oh well, at least it's he seems comfortable in it.

He's got lots of hay in his cage, he's got free run of my bedroom for a couple of hours atm.

His nose is completely fine, he just shocked me a bit with the sneezing as i'd never seen him do it before.

Yasmin

Latest posts

Back