Stressed out :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
I have been thinking about when I go to college and I won't have any of my animals and I am freaking out. Well that isn't true, I am going to have Oliver and my dog Alex but I can't take anymore with me. :( I am going to be living in an apartment with my boyfriend and I haven't found apartments big enough and/or who accept more than 2 pets that I can afford. So I am leaving Daisy and Kara home with my dad. I know my dad will take care of them it's just sad. And then I have to leave my cat here who I have had for almost 14 years now. But If I moved her she wouldn't be happy. My dog I have had for 13 years but when I leave him (for trips or something) he gets depressed and won't eat, drink, or go outside to go to the bathroom unless you make him so I am sure he will be fine living away from the house. I'm still stressing out since I'll only have 2 animals, I am going from almost 30+ animals to 2. I think 30+ is TOO many but still will be a big change.

My main concern is about Daisy and Kara. :/ They are both old and really not that into being handled and cuddled, even getting out of their cages they hate. I would feel bad moving them AGAIN since this is their second homes and they are old. I know they will be okay here though. Sorry for the random rant. College nerves getting to me.

I'm so sorry! It must be the hardest thing in the world to choose. If it were me (and I know I would never actually be able to make this choice) it would be my dog Lucy (who I've had for 9 years), and Candy Cane (who I've had for 3 years). But, on the bright side, college is going to be so fun! Congratulations! You'll be busy, but try to keep us updated on Oliver! And best wishes to Daisy and Kara, who really aren't that old:/

I know the feeling. I moved from Los Angeles to Ithaca for college and was petless for the first time in my life. You'll probably be plenty busy with school though. I ended up volunteering to socialize the research dogs and since I was an animal science major I did get plenty of contact with animals that way. I trusted my mom to take good care of my buns and my dog when I went to college. Once I moved back to California for vet school, I told her I was either taking Timmy with me or adopting a new rabbit.

Well they are older for Netherlands, from what I've been told. I got told the average life span is around 7-10 years, by the breeders I got them from and one is 7 (going on 8) and one is 8.

But I know for a fact I am taking Oliver and Alex with me because I honestly don't know what I would do without Alex he has been with me for so long he is practically shoved up my butt. :p

Well they are older for Netherlands, from what I've been told. I got told the average life span is around 7-10 years, by the breeders I got them from and one is 7 (going on 8) and one is 8.

But I know for a fact I am taking Oliver and Alex with me because I honestly don't know what I would do without Alex he has been with me for so long he is practically shoved up my butt. :p

Lol I feel that way about my dog too!

Back