Stress: Four paws and a fluffy tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Those rabbits!

We've been living in this apartment for a year and amonthnow. As of yesterday, Abby discovered that she can getbehind the love seat, which is off limits due to some cords to thelamp. We have it blocked off, but of course she figured out a way toget past it. And them promptly showed Valuran what to do.

All morning today and yesterday I have to keep on chasing them away,using the water bottle and telling them No. And you all know rabbits,they're stubborn as can be and usually don't take one or fifty No's foran answer.

RABBITS!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

Ok, hear them at it again!

LOL Steph , How you feeling BTW . getting closer !

I swear they are out to torment you right now : "Pssstttt Valuran , Mom can only waddlelets check out behind the couch !" LOL .Stinkers everyone of them . They Certainly know how to keepUS hopping.

I swear that's it, Gypsy. As if I am not busy enough as it is preparing to move next weekend, right?

And I'm 8 months pregnant now, getting big and yes, in the waddling only stage.

Stephanie, you know what you could probably try, get some NIC cubes andconnect them in a straight line or even at right angles to block of thepath behind and at the sides of your couch.

8 months!!! Gawsh that time has flown by! I know I am not the one pregnant so of course it's gone fast for me LOL.
Chin up and make some time out for just you every now an dthen before bub comes along..:hug:

The space is only about four inches wide. Sofar, we've had it blocked off with a 2x4, which has worked. Untilyesterday that is.

My pregnancy has gone by very quickly for me too. Seems like justyesterday it was March and I was taking the test. The 7th month was thelongest for some reason.

I had to laugh at this.

I could picture you waddling after them. My sister's almost 8 monthspregnant and I just pictured her chasing my bunnies. :laugh:

I understand how they get to places they are notsupposed. Miffy used to be allowed behind the couch (thereare no wires there) but I was not able to trust that she would not digin the carpet. Which she proved me right. I have ahuge stuffed bear, for a while I stuffed that into the opening and itworked. Until I covered it with a blanket and she dug a holein that! The only thing that has worked is big peices ofscrap wood that fits in the hole. To make a different longstory short, she started digging in this area of the carpet that wasmissing a piece and that too had to be blocked of with a big scrappeice of wood. I wish I could put her outside for the day butwe are having Santa Ana winds down here right now and it is10in the morningand 89 degrees outthere.Not so goodfor a little bunny tobein!

I must say that I think I am the only one here on this boardwho really understands the waddling that you are goingthrough! Iend upfeeling like a beachedwhale when I am trying to sleep, you know, whenyou need tomove yourstomach moves first! Do you have heartburnyet? My Dr. finally said I can take Zantac for my extremeheartburn, heck I get it from drinking a glass ofwater!:shock: I feel for you moving and being 8 months, ifwas me I would end up being the "armchair supervisor" most of thetime.:p I can get winded just cleaning all the toys in theliving room, could not imagine packing boxes and moving them!Is it a long move or one just across town?

I get winded sitting on the couch! hahahhah Not reallyjoking either.

I'll be ok withthe move. I'm more excited about it thananything else, which really helps. If it wasn't something I waslookingforward to, I think it'd be muchworse. AndI'm not going to be doing much, if any, of the actual moving. As far aspacking, my husband and I do it together, and it's mostly him puttingeverything into the boxes while I hand him stuff.

We just got back from the townhouse we're moving into and are veryexcited. Of course,we're still tryingto figure outhow to set it up with the rabbits, as our living room/dining room nowis one very large room.The new place, the living room islarge, but not as big as we're used to. Ofcourse they have tobe with us in the living room!

I'm glad I'm not on bedrest, or else we'd reallybe in a pinch. We're also going to Vermont to move my things up here,and having a baby shower down there the same weekend!

We've been packing for a couple of weeks now. Just a bit at a time.We've made a few trips to donate household items and clothes at theSalvation Army too. Great time to weed out things when you move.

oh... hehe stephanie.... sounds like myBeggy-bear. We have our furnace blocked off by NIC panels,and she LUVS to go up to the fence grab a panel by the teeth and lungeforward (stretching her back legs out full length) just to "try" to getin there... LOL! And same as you, nothing deters her fromtrying.... "no" doesn't work, water bottle doesn't work....hehehe. Just little stinkers.

However, your kids need to be treating you better given the shape you're in :p

Good luck with the move this weekend!!!!

Sandra

Latest posts

Back