Stress and Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kr

Reaction score
Just curious, have you had a pregnant doe go through the stress of changing environments and still have a healthy pregnancy? Or did they abort and just absorb the fetuses?

Why I'm asking is that we have two bred does and we've had to move them in the house today. We're waiting on our barn to arrive in a few days but it is going to reach in the mid-90's today. They are stressed already as it's probably 90 degrees right now and mosquitoes are getting bad. So they are going to be indoors until their A/C barn is here. Think they will abort their pregnancies because of the major changes? :?

I would leave them where they are at. I've Had plenty of local breeders tell me that a rabbit has to acclimate (spelling)? It's to hot here so the buns are staying inside till the temp outside is cool enough during fall for them to go out. I don't want to risk anything with prego does. I've known some buns to acclimate better then others but again the risk of a litter is to much for me right now as I'm still awaiting our first living litter.

1258480446_9GV4DfC-M.jpg

The girls seem to me doing great!...eating, relaxing, 'digging' in their cages. It's been very mild outside in the last few days, like in the 70's-same as our house, but now we're getting 90's..eek!

Miss Lilly doing what she does best....always sitting pretty...she can stay this way for hours..
1258478377_4mSZg6X-M.jpg

KayKay being the curious girl she is...
1258476495_NG228zz-M.jpg

Where did you get your cages?Bass equip?

I tell people to never move their doe on days 27-32. They get stressed and won't perform their motherly duties, unless they are extremely comfortable with you.

Your right I wouldn't move the girls if they were that that close, too stressful for sure. They are both a week along in their pregnancies. They are very used to us so it seems like the move hasn't phased them a bit. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Oh I got the cages at KW cages... it was a little expensive yo ship don't know if I'll do it again.

I think they will do fine if its only a week in. We will be traveling with one of our does when shes two weeks to a show. It has been done before it just depends on the mothers. The cages look nice and so do your hotots! :) You would have kicked butt at the state show in belton. lol there was only one open DH

I would have left them outside and kept bringing ice pop bottles to them. You have the babies inside in the AC, grow them out and take them outside and its not going to turn out good. If the does have been out there they grow used to the heat.

I take a few of my does to shows while they are 2-3 weeks, it depends on the doe though. Some of them don't care and love being at shows, and then I have other rabbits who just don't like it.

Back