Streak of urine on tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshAndMaple

Reaction score
Hi, a few times over the past week I've noticed Ash has had a streak of urine/a stain on the centre of his tail - just below his genitals.

I also picked him up off a rug once to find a few drops of urine on the rug, and some on his tail.

He's fine in himself - he's busy, running around and binkying like normal - so I'm hesitant to take him to a vet unless absolutely necessary. I don't want to stress him out, and I don't know if it's something they can fix or not. I pick him up multiple times a day (he doesn't find it stressful), so I know it's not happening often. I might be concerned unnecessarily, I've just never noticed this with him before.

It's only small amounts, and it's not sludgy at all. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? It doesn't show up that well on photos, but here are a couple.

PXL_20231106_090706326.MP.jpgPXL_20231102_093538073.MP.jpg

I would think it's just a stray drop of urine. It's only something I would worry about if there was consistent urine soaked fur, urinary incontinence, or other signs of possible urine/bladder issues. But if you feel like something is off with him and this isn't normal, best consult with your vet.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urine

Latest posts

Back