stray poos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperknitsRN

Reaction score
When Igot Olive, she was ten weeks old. Potty trained herself, literally (I did no work except provide the litterbox). Before and after her spay, she was immaculate with her litterbox until several weeks ago, when she started randomly dropping pellets outside her litterbox. This was before Simon (her newly bonded mate) arrived on the scene. She's been letting out stray poos here and there. What drives me especially nuts is when she's already in the litterbox, jumps out, and out flies a poo along with her. And she just randomly leaves poos around. She never does pee outside the box (except for once when I was bonding her with Simon, and I chalked that up to territorialism) so I count my blessings, but picking up bunny poo (it's never in piles, only a stray one here there and everywhere) is driving me up a wall. Any ideas as to what's up with her behavior?
Just venting here, really. Idoubt confining her or re-litter training her would help as she does the same thing in the Xpen when I have her there overnight or when I'm gone for the day. I honestly think this is just one of her quirks, and am thankful it's not stuff like chewing on the baseboard s(though she's gotten hold of some wicker nightstands in the bedroom that she likes to tear up if she gets the chance). Little stinker!
wink.gif

Simon, on the other hand, is excellent with his litterbox habits. Never a stray poop--and it only took him a few days to "get" litter training. Of course, he nips me when I cut his toenails, so they all have their little quirks, Iguess.

Good to know someone else's "litter trained" bunny does the same thing. An occasional one would be fine, but she seems to have a particular penchant for pooing every time she jumps out of the litterpan. I could place bets on it happening! But you're right, there are definitely worse habits to have (like "tear up Mommy's wicker night stand"--which she has recently taken to).

Blossom has just started to do that. When I come down at night she has poop all over her cage! There use to be one or two now there are at least 20!! As long as she is not peeing outside the box and not pooping in my family room it does not bother me. She will need to be spayed in about a month so maybe that will stop it.

Latest posts

Back