Straw for bedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor_wt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m likely going to get some straw for my bunny’s cage but I was hoping I could get some advice first! First of all, is there a particular kind/brand I should get or that anyone recommends. There is a big package at tractor supply I was looking at - Standlee Premium Western Forage Certified Straw Grab & Go Compressed Bale. If anyone uses this or knows about it I’d love to hear your thoughts! Also, just in case my bunny decides to eat it (which wouldn’t surprise me at all), is it safe to ingest?

I know that straw/bedding isn’t necessary, but recently I have noticed little bald spots on his hocks and I was told to make his environment softer and that straw is a good option for that. I would just throw a towel/blanket down but my bunny chews pretty much everything so I don’t want to risk it.

Thanks so much in advance!

You don't have to buy anything fancy unlike hay straw is straw and its all the same. Just contact a local farmer and you can get a bale of straw for pretty cheap. Yes, it is safe to ingest, just make sure he is still eating his hay.

I sometimes use straw , when its cold , she loves it and it keeps her warm!

Back