strange habit that no other rabbit has?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeman45

Reaction score
My rabbit always wants my bedroom door open for some reason. My room is her room, she doesn't live in a cage, but she always wants our door open even if she doesn't plan on leaving the room.

Just as I was typing this she used her teeth to open the door, then nudged it even further open with her nose. She didn't leave the room, she ran right back to her blanky after opening that door for the millionth time:)

share your buns strange habit

Commander Bun-Bun used to go upstairs and jump against the office door til she got it open and then would lay on the air conditioner vent as the upstairs ones were all in the floor. Nikki, our avatar is a world class sleeper--on her back all legs in the air--when she was small she used to sleep like that in her hay rack.

Shino hates having his X-pen bent out of shape. If you push one of the corners in, he darts out of his hotel to push it back out again. When he gets locked up for bed time he goes to every corner and pushes it out with his nose first. I'm assuming this is so he gets the maximum amount of space possible!

Martie rearanges his the beds in their enclosure until they are to his liking, digging at them and pushing the endges out with his front paws, its very funny to watch, lol

Binkie has a small blankie that she gets on her head....and then she slowly hops around her pen.

We call it her "cloak of invisibility".

We play "Where's the bunny" when she does it....and often add in "Oh No!!! She must have her cwoak of invisabilwities on again!!".

JimD wrote:
Binkie has a small blankie that she gets on her head....and then she slowly hops around her pen.

We call it her "cloak of invisibility".

We play "Where's the bunny" when she does it....and often add in "Oh No!!! She must have her cwoak of invisabilwities on again!!".

silly geese. She puts it on herself?

I sometimes tease my bun by tossing some dirty laundry on her if she's constantly in my feet begging for treats, she doesn't like her "cloak of invisibility" too much :biggrin:

I think rabbits have a very strong sense of place - things should be where they should be.

Once I moved the dining room table and chairs to the wall so I could have a meeting of the group of Scouts I was taking to Scotland. The next morning, Natasha sat where the table had been and wouldn't stop thumping until I put the table back where it belonged.

Lately, she's decided that the bunny throw pillows I was given for Christmas don't belong on the bench she likes to lie on. She'll carefully throw both of them off before she lies down on the bench. The red pillows that have been there for years are OK, but the new pillows are definitely not.

Van used to do the dead bunny flop by the hall bathroom. It was the coolest place in the house when the air conditioner was on. We used to line up toilet paper rollers standing up and in a strait line--Commander Bun-Bun would pick each one up and move them to where she wanted them, and then we'd do it all over again and again. Just like Natasha, she liked things in a certain place and would let us know.

Latest posts

Back