Strange dinner time behaviour!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I went to feed Benji his dinner today, and normally he starts running round in excited circles with his ears flapping about in anticipation but he didn't really do that this time. What he DID do, was (after giving me a lick of appreciation), took a chunk of carrot in his mouth and hopped round his hutch (which is large...over 7 foot long) SEVEN times, alternating direction when he reached his food bowl again.

It's really odd- does any other bun do this? I know he might want to hop around for a comfortable place to eat it but isn't this a little excessive?

Jen

LOL yes. Becky on occasion will take a particularly tasty treat for a tour of excited hopping before settling down to eat. I have no idea why and she's the only one I have seen do this. I took it to be an expression of joy :)

Yep, Jelly alllways would do cute things like that- run around with the carrot or treat and got soo excited.

Yeah that seems like a logical idea Pipp but I don't think there was. Our dogs were running around in and out of the house near the hutch but not too close. I was standing right there though, watching him cos I like to see how happy he is when he eats, so maybe it was to do with that.

It was just really strange! Also...his body kind of vibrates when he eats things that are yummy. I'll try and get a video and post it.

Jen

Jean-luc used to do that when i would hand out some parsley to the bunnies. He'd take his piece and run around the room with it till he got back to the spot he picked it up from then sat down to eat it. It was the most adorable thing ever. I think it's just them getting excited for their favourite treat. ^.^

Yep totally normal. My bunny will take her treat and run around with it, stopping in different spots. It's as if she's trying to find a safe place to eat it so no one will steal it from her.

Our old boy "Ted" would pick up anything, including treats and run around the rabbit room for a couple of minutes before he would even think of eating it. He really did like to play and was the only rabbit that ever played fetch. We had a wicker ball with a bell in it that I would throw. He would chase it, bring it back and drop it by me so I could throw it again and again............

Latest posts

Back