Strange (Dark) Colored Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jack

Reaction score
Today we found that someone (we think it was oneof the boys, possibly the black one) had left some really darkurine. The boys had managed to kill off their bottle of waterduring last night so I think it might have been due to dehydrationpossibly. We have of course already filled their water bottleand will make sure that their bottle is full at night so there will notbe a repeat of today.

Anyways, I just want to make sure this isn't something really serious.
darkpee.jpg

Welcome to bunny pee, Jack! It can beall sorts of yellow and orange stains. The only time you needto worry about it is if it appears bloody (often a streak or spot ofred in normal urine) or thick and sandy from calcium sludge.The colors usually come from food like carrots.

:lol: ok, we've noticed their pee before and wejust hadn't seen it this color before. We aren't feeding themany veggies as per Peg's suggestion to wait till May 1st. Theonly different thing we have given them was a couple of Cheerios sincethey were being such good little boys. I guess it's morelikely that his pee was darker due to them running out of water sincehuman pee gets darker too due to dehydration.

Latest posts

Back