Strange bunny behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyrenze

Reaction score
Since I got both my rabbits spayed, they do nottry to kill each other anymore therefore I have been keeping them inthe same cage. Since then they were fine together but I noticedsomething rather funny happening lately. Everyday during breakfast whenI refill the bowl, Bandit will mount Smurfy and sometimes bite her whenshe tries to reach the food bowl first.:( Is this some dominence issueor is she just too hungry? :shock:

And just now we had visitors to our house. The rabbits were alrightrunning around, then when they saw the visitors little kid, Smurfystarting chasing and biting Bandit all over the place. Then Banditthumped and ran when I tried to approach her. Then she kicked me when Ipicked her up :X. After the visitors went back and they were put to bedthey were all snuggly with each other again. Whats's wrong with them?We had visitors with kids before and they were fine with them.

Agree with Shadow. The mounting is a sign ofdominance, and deciding who gets to be the first to do things. Willprobably settle down, althoughthe occassional mounting willstill take place to establish who is in charge.

Jan

Latest posts

Back