strange behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Ici

Reaction score
Hi i need some advice. We've had our rabbit for 3 months, she is 6 months old and not been spayed, and just recently she is becoming really friendly which is great but one of the things she has started doing is clawing our legs. Why does she do this?

EDIT: Thanks for your replies so far, I was worried about her behaviour becuase she hasn't done this before. She stands up on her hind legs, wraps her paws around the bottom of my legs (only when they're bare, and tries to nibble on them! I wonder if she's "coming of age" or is 6 months too early for that?
At the same time as this strange behaviour she has also become much, much friendlier...

EDIT: It seems she's just playing and wants a boxing match!!! Little Puddles seems to be feeling more more at home now and she's beginning to completely trust us. :party:

Thanks for your help :)

I think that what you mean is that she will hop over and start digging at the front of your legs. ?If that's the case I haven't seen one do that but if you are attempting to dointeract withyour rabbit and she begins digging at you she could be displeased or angry .
Sometimes when I give one of my rabbits medication or cut his nails etc..after I let him go he will frantically dig at his towel.

I know that he does it when he is frustrated.

Young rabbits like to dig at almost anything whether it be litter or a rug or couch etc. Could just be the height of her 'digging" stage.
A young female will be a little more settled after spaying and lot more settled by about the age of 2

afterthought:

young buns have notoriously sharp points on their nails. it can be very painful to be constantly scratched by a young bun. Sometimes all it takes is to cut the very tip off her nails to prevent the scratches. also helps to wear long sleeves and pants when handling
I am always careful when young kids (at the shelter)want to hold a bun especially during summer months when they are in sleeveless tops and shorts. I usually get a big towel to put over the kid's lap

When you say "legs", are you referring to her digging at your pants?

When is she doing it?

Could she be trying to get your attention?

Do you have any other pets?

I know of somebunny that would dig at any blue jeans worn by a guy....not girls.....just guys....and only blue jeans :?

I have to say, what I thought when you said she was "wrapping her paws around your legs" is that she is trying to hump you, and the nibbling would go along with that. Are you sure your bunny is a girl? Keep in mind, even experienced breeder and veterinarians have been fooled before, they can be tricky, especially when they are little.

Latest posts

Back