Strange Behavior, Please Help..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kokiruru

Reaction score
I think I just need a bit of reassurance or just tips on what I should do. Recently my rabbit broke a nail, I'm not sure how it happened but I saw she was bleeding and I saw that the nail from her front paw was bent sideways but doesn't seem like it's going to come off. It seems to hurt her since she doesn't put any weight on that paw but she was still eating and walking around like normal. However even before this happened, I had noticed that she wasn't being herself. She's very lethargic and doesn't play like she used to. She sleeps all day, only waking up for food and water breaks and then lays back down. I'm not sure if this is normal but while she was laying down, I inspected her and noticed she has sore hocks on each feet. They don't look so bad right now since it's only one on each foot and it's just pink with no bleeding or cracking. I'm planning on taking her to the vet soon once it opens but I don't know why, I just feel like the worst is coming. Her lethargy and change in personality is so odd to me. I don't know if it's because her sore hocks or broken nail hurt? I had recently taken her to the vet for the lethargy but they didn't know what was going on and just prescribed pain medication. Do you think the lethargy could have something to do with the sore hocks? This is my first rabbit so I'm not sure how they're supposed to act but I know she hasn't been herself for weeks now.

I think I just need a bit of reassurance or just tips on what I should do. Recently my rabbit broke a nail, I'm not sure how it happened but I saw she was bleeding and I saw that the nail from her front paw was bent sideways but doesn't seem like it's going to come off. It seems to hurt her since she doesn't put any weight on that paw but she was still eating and walking around like normal. However even before this happened, I had noticed that she wasn't being herself. She's very lethargic and doesn't play like she used to. She sleeps all day, only waking up for food and water breaks and then lays back down. I'm not sure if this is normal but while she was laying down, I inspected her and noticed she has sore hocks on each feet. They don't look so bad right now since it's only one on each foot and it's just pink with no bleeding or cracking. I'm planning on taking her to the vet soon once it opens but I don't know why, I just feel like the worst is coming. Her lethargy and change in personality is so odd to me. I don't know if it's because her sore hocks or broken nail hurt? I had recently taken her to the vet for the lethargy but they didn't know what was going on and just prescribed pain medication. Do you think the lethargy could have something to do with the sore hocks? This is my first rabbit so I'm not sure how they're supposed to act but I know she hasn't been herself for weeks now.
She is possibly in pain if her nail is broken and she has sore hocks.
How old is she?
Is she pregnant? Some bunnies don't move as much when they are further on in their pregnancy.
has her broken nail become infected? She maybe sick from it, if it has.

She is possibly in pain if her nail is broken and she has sore hocks.
How old is she?
Is she pregnant? Some bunnies don't move as much when they are further on in their pregnancy.
has her broken nail become infected? She maybe sick from it, if it has.
She is currently 1 year old and no she can't be pregnant because she's the only bunny I have and hasn't been around others. However, all day today she hasn't pooped. She's refusing hay as well but eats her greens. It's Sunday so there aren't any vets open right now. I just feel completely helpless but I hope she'll be fine until tommorow when I can take her..

She is currently 1 year old and no she can't be pregnant because she's the only bunny I have and hasn't been around others. However, all day today she hasn't pooped. She's refusing hay as well but eats her greens. It's Sunday so there aren't any vets open right now. I just feel completely helpless but I hope she'll be fine until tommorow when I can take her..
Yes I think seeing a vet would be the best thing.
and I'm sorry their aren't any vets open, I do hope she gets better

Back