Storrs ,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was a wonderfull dayat Storrs! they guestimatedthere was over 2000 rabbits entered , and I believeit the floor was rifewith Bunnies of every imaginable breed, It was definately a BunnyNappers Paradise . There were150 Flemish enterd , My headwas spinning so manybig bodied rabbits, Mypoor eyes couldnt focus inon just a few , Inearly went cross eyed . came homewith 4 Blue ribbons for thePals , both varietites Lynx andGoldens . I was very pleased

Jen, I haveHyjynx.....:brat:and you can't have him.....justkidding. He is settling in nicely....I'll try to get pics upfor you here but it may be a couple days. Are westill meeting on Friday night/saturday morning? I should bethere around 1am or so. If not, I am coming back throughthere on Thursday night after the convention.

Sharon

Congratulations on your ribbons!!:highfive: Sounds like all of those who went had a great time!

You did great Gypsy!! Showing like an old pro now. The Pals are beautiful!

Your Flemish aren't so bad either.

It seems to me though that your van was a little fuller going home LOL.

Roger L.

cirrustwi wrote:
Congratulations!!! How did Hyjynx do?Did you get him shipped off with Sharon?

Jen
Jynx did WONDERFULLY again !one more Blue Ribbon for thelittle Dude lol ( wich I forgot to giveSharon ) , I will mail them . I did remember to sendhis First Leg though lol . Perfecttiminmg it came in on Friday .

He IS ON HIS WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You shouldbe hearing from Starlightvery soon .

You are so goingto fall in lust and love withthis booger , and when he divesfor the front of the cage itsin anticipation of you picking him up.

It really was a great show! And it was so nice to meet everyone!

gypsyBaby.jpg

And who's baby got such great comments on the Flemish Tables???? She's gonna be a big girl when she grows up!

And Congrats to RogerL for hisBOB! Way to go!

Gypsy: I'm so excited to get him. He'sjust beautiful. I can't thank you enough for sending him myway. The breeder I've been talking to said she has severalnice does that are entered at convention, so we will be talking whenshe gets back.

Starlight:I'm glad he has settled in. Thank you somuch for doing this. I'm going to PM you my cell number so wecan get in contact, but Friday night/Saturday morning should work forme, barring any unforeseen events (but unforeseen events have been alltogether too common in my life lately LOL). If not,the I'll definitely make sure to meet you Thursday after convention.

Congrats to all the winners!!

Jen

LOL Blue Giants ! I forgot You took that Picture ! LOL

Thats a good Picture of Theressa, thanks for croping out myUgly Mug wouldnt want to scareeveryone so early inthe morning lol.

LOL Roger , I had brought an extra carrier ,knowing Iwas picking up my Silver Fox buck and pickingup a rabbit for a friend .
Needless to say I filled that carrier ,AND ! had to buy another 3 hole carrier! Left for theshow with 11 rabbits and returned with20 :foreheadsmack: 6 of those Rabbitswere just Shadows lol . Seems I hadto stack the cages in thevan like cord wood.
I will get pictures up of the 2new Palomino's shortly , They are appearing to beSmutty Goldens , which I am thinkingsomeone crossed a Golden with aLynx, but will reserve judgement untillPam has a chance to see the pictures.

Roger L wrote:
You did great Gypsy!! Showing like an old pro now. The Pals are beautiful!

Your Flemish aren't so bad either.

It seems to me though that your van was a little fuller going home LOL.

Roger L.

gypsy wrote:

I will get pictures up of the 2new Palomino's shortly , They are appearing to beSmutty Goldens , which I am thinkingsomeone crossed a Golden with aLynx, but will reserve judgement untillPam has a chance to see the pictures.

Just curious--I thought that was a DQ? Would you add a Pal with smut to your breeding line?

I ask because Bub's sisters had some smut (which shed out mostly), andwas wondering if it's not advisable to use them as breeding stock.

Rose

Just curious--I thought that was a DQ?Would you add a Pal with smut to your breeding line? I ask becauseBub's sisters had some smut (which shed out mostly), and was wonderingif it's not advisable to use them as breeding stock. Rose

We were talking to a pal breeder who also was the one that judged thepals, and she said that it can be used for breeding, and also forshow...But that if the smutting was to bad that it would loose thempoints. It wont DQ them...She also told us that you can breed the linxand the goldens, which is how you get the smutting to start with, thefirst generation of it tends to look a little off but if you breed theoffspring of the pairing you should get good colors which also willhelp intensify the breed. And if i posted that wrong I am positivegypsy will come in and correct me

shadow10978 wrote:
Just curious--I thought that was a DQ? Would you adda Pal with smut to your breeding line? I ask because Bub's sisters hadsome smut (which shed out mostly), and was wondering if it's notadvisable to use them as breeding stock. Rose

We were talking to a pal breeder who also was the one that judged thepals, and she said that it can be used for breeding, and also forshow...But that if the smutting was to bad that it would loose thempoints. It wont DQ them...She also told us that you can breed the linxand the goldens, which is how you get the smutting to start with,the first generation of it tends to look a little off but ifyou breed the offspring of the pairing you should get good colors whichalso will help intensify the breed. And if i posted that wrongI am positive gypsy will come in and correct me
Shadow is right in whatthe Judge said in exeption toshe didnt finish her sentence.

the first generation of it tends to look a little off but if you breedthe offspring back to the parent , oranother golden you willgetthegood colors which also will help intensifythe Goldens color, not the Lynx,. We also found out the Lilaccolor can be too dark , and can be a knock off onpoints .

Latest posts

Back