Stop peeing on my bed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charade

Reaction score
I just got my first rabbit. I've had him forabout two weeks.I don't know much about him. He's about ayear old, came from a good home. I was told he was prety much housetrained and it seemed that way at first. Right now the only place heseems ok wandering around outside the cage is my futon, which is low tothe ground and sort of flush with his cage so he can jump out and takea hop around. It's no problem for either of us but I usually make sureI'm reading on it or at least very close as there are a couple wires inmy room with out the plastic covers on them yet so I have to keep aneye on him. So aside from one little poop last week he never does anywashroom business on it. He jumps back into the cage and then jumpsback out.

Well, on firday night I had him out and low and behold I feel alseep.For a pretty long time too. When I woke up there were like....god, 30pellets on my bed and he peed on it too. Tonight he peed on it againand I went to the living room for a minute and came back to find morepellets.

He's seems to be sulking in his cage I might add.

I dunno, I feel like he is trying to make the bed his own.

?

That is more or less what he is doing, claimingthe area for himself. Is he neutered? My male Pezwas doing that on my couch. It got to the point that Istarted using a spray bottle and giving him a quick squirt and a loudNO, he stopped jumping up on the couch. Although I havecaught him up there in a deep sleep when I have left the roomLOL. Now I do not have to use the squirt bottle I just makethe same noise it makes and he skidaddles.

BTW welcome to RO.. you will love it here

susan

make sure you read the articles here.... scroll down it will answer a lot of questions that might come up

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=3005&forum_id=1

Oh, Sampson and I are having a struggle for mybed too, and let me tell you when a Flemish pees on your bed, it's aBIG spot! He absolutely thinks he owns my bed. Ican't keep him off it because it's absolutely no problem for him tojump up there. He's fine if I'm in the room, but if I leave,even for a second, he pees on the bed! I've started puttingan old shower curtain over my bed when he's out. This is apretty new behavior and I'm hoping it's just a phase, he was perfectwith the litter box before. He just got 2 girls and I thinkhe's trying to assert that my room is his room and not theirs.

Jen

Side note: I had to add that when he's on the bed, he does thesebinkies and he's so big now that they go over my head.LMBO I mean I'm short and my bed if high, but he's seriouslygoing more then 2 feet in the air.

I don't mind sharing the futon but I'd like to keep the weeing down. His.

I would really suggest gettinga shower curtain or a piece of plastic you can put down until he's back on track.

Jen

When our rabbits decided the bed was the toilet(poo and pee all over), we stopped useing the bedroom as the play roomfor a couple weeks (used a spare room instead). Then we letthem back in the bedroom, but didn't let them on the bed (laid therereading and shooed of any trespassers). Slowly we shooed themoff less and less until now we let them on the bed at free reign andthey know it is our area. We haven't had a poo, much less apee on our bed since.

Mr. Stee wrote:
When our rabbits decided the bed was the toilet (poo and peeall over), we stopped useing the bedroom as the play room for a coupleweeks (used a spare room instead). Then we let them back inthe bedroom, but didn't let them on the bed (laid there reading andshooed of any trespassers). Slowly we shooed them off lessand less until now we let them on the bed at free reign and they knowit is our area. We haven't had a poo, much less a pee on ourbed since.

Of course, what he didn't say was that spaying her helped immensely!

we had a spare bed in the bunny room we weregonna chuck out and we let our buns get away with this behaviour for awhile cos they sleep under it and it was the only way to let them carryon sleeping under it.

However when my parents came to stay i took away there bed and they arenow more friendly and have learnt what the litter tray is for again.

Unfortunately droppings are there way of marking there room so wouldnt hold my breath where this is concerned..

have noticed though (as they sometimes go to the loo on top of therehutch) that bunnies seem to have a passion about going in high place.

He is both claiming the futon, AND you, as hisown. You'll have to wash the cover very well to get his scentout of it. Try covering it with a heavy tarp (painters) whileyou are not on it. The crinkle sound that it makes usuallywill discourage them from going on it.

Here he is on said bed:

14884074764418l.jpg

It's difficult. He seems to be a bit mad at metoday. Facing the other side of the cage. Wonder if I have anybroccolikicking around.

Oh my word. Peeing and pooping the the bottomright hand corner again as soon as I leave the room for a minute. It'sfunny because he knows it's bad and will hop into a corner of his cageonce he see's me react.

Check out Buck Jones' reply in "pee pee and more pee".

-Carolyn

I can sympathise with this problem- it was anightmare with my rabbits for a while. Luckily they stopped weeing onour bed when they were neutered but for a while it was terrible. Youwould think the bedroom door was shut but the cat can open it and thenthe rabbits would be in like a flash and you'd find a pool of pee andsome poops on the duvet....

.:sickbunny:

The worst thing was that my duvet is too big to put in my washingmachine and I had to keep taking it to the service launderette whichwas embarrasing:embarrassed:. Luckily mine stopped doing that on mybedbut they still cant be trusted with the futon in the spareroom.

I bought an incontinence mattress cover from the chemist for the futonand that seems to have kept the problem at bay as they dont like theplasticy feel I think.

ND

Latest posts

Back