Stomach Flu... Ugh

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleysmom

Reaction score
I haven't eaten anything since Sunday night because I've had the stomach flu. Hunger is keeping me awake, but as of yet, the only thing I've been able to hold down is Sprite. I just tried a piece of toast, but it's back-talking me. This sucks... Hasn't anyone else been sick with it? This came from Maryland via my brother and sister in law. Mom babysat the germ brigade (my two nephews) which came down with it while they were here and now we all three have it. This is worse than any other stomach flu I've had. Usually I'm sick for 5 or 6 hours and then I'm eating McDonald's later that night. I'm fluffy... I can't go without eating. LOL! I'm thinking about Arbys tomorrow... It sounds pretty decent and is usually not that greasy.

Ginger beer (which unlike Sprite and Ginger Ale, has ginger) and soda crackers are the best thing for nausea.

A peppermint for desert.

Trust me on this.

sas :yuck

Do we have Ginger Beer in the states? Is it actual beer? You have my attention... LOL.

I know I've tried Ginger chews when I've been nauseated before. It really does help!

ginger beer is good tho id be inclined to let it go a bit flat first - it can be quite gassy. ginger biscuits are also good as is peppermint tea.

we have ginger beer here - my son loves it. it's non alcoholic and can be quite fiery.

feel better soon and keep hydrated!!:hug:

awwww hope you feel better soon, feeling ill sucks!! :hug:

This is gonna sound weird.....advice that came from a nurse years ago when my youngest son had stomach flu really badly and we've used it ever since. Coke classic. Just sip a bit of it. Don't chug it. The caramel in the pop does something to stop the vomitting. It has to be the classic and I don't advocate drinking alot but it does work. I don't normally drink pop so we keep a 20oz bottle of it for stomach emergencies. It has worked for when even the sprite/ginger ale/7-up remedies have failed.

Editted to add: For some reason Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc do NOT work. I was told it had something to do with the amount of caramel in the coke classic. Also new coke, cherry coke etc don't work.

:yeahthat: i got told the same many years ago by my gp when the children were small. it had to be the original coca cola because of its chemical composition. i was also told to put a spoonful of sugar in it to 'flatten' it.:)

Best thing I found to stop that pukey feeling is ginger pills, works better then anti nausea meds. You can buy them at a health food store or at any pharmacy or grocery store that has a vitamin section.

Gravol makes them, they are the gravol pills you find in the isles. The actual gravol meds are behind the counter now(atleast in canada)

They work great them you can't even drink ginger ale.

We use the coke classic remedy as a way to get the vomitting to stop so that we can get to the ginger ale and crackers. And unfortunately I know near us it is near to impossible to find ginger pills in any form :( Even ginger tea is hard to find. I don't know if Gravol is available in the states or not. I would definitely like to find them though cause ginger is awesome for migraines.

I dont' know if gravol is available in the states.Gravol might be the canadian name for "Dramamine". This is what i'm talking about

http://gravol.ca/products-by-catego...vol®-natural-source-ginger-filmkote®-tablets/

Its just 500mg is dried ginger that the makers of gravol also sell. It works wonders. I get bad headaches and sometimes get bad nausea related to them. The ginger tabs help a lot with that, way more then any anti nausea med I've ever tried and they dont' make you drowsy. They also help a lot with the flu since they take away the nausea but don't make you dizzy, drowzy and drugged up.

You might be able to buy them online. But you should also be able to find ginger pills at any health food store. Or even buy dried ginger(crystalized ginger) and eat that. Or fresh ginger, cut a slice off and make a cut of tea out of that.

I've done the fresh ginger deal before...and nope I know its not dramamine...that stuff is NASTY!!!! Dramamine makes me sleep for hours and I wake up feeling worse than before I took it.

oh feel better, my four year old has it, hasnt eaten much in the last two days, i am just trying to keep him hydrated. Poor kids is on the couch now , cheecks all red, mouth open and sleeping,lol.

Well, I was finally able to hold down that bit of toast around 4 this morning. I couldn't sleep I was so hungry. I just ate a roast beef sandwich, but it probably won't stay because my parents were yelling at my dogs the whole time I was eating and I have a nervous stomach anyway. No consideration...

Latest posts

Back