Stolen Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
bawl.gif
I am posting this for a friend, Carol O'Sullivan from Canada. She
needs help in locating these rabbits she purchased and never
recieved. Carol is an good, honest and sincere person. Please help
if you can! Sincerely, Cathy Denman Tiara Farm Rabbitry, Ohio

Carol O'Sullivan writes:

Hello everyone.

This is a long, long e-mail but hopefully someone will hear/know
something about the missing BEW trio.
I got at least one tattoo number BLZRD.
If you good folk would be so kind as to "post any part of" this e-
mail that you feel comfortable with on your groups I'd really
appreciate it.
I only belong to about 4 small groups and the more coverage I can get
the better the chance I have at finding my missing rabbits.
Thank you so much for your help.
Carol O'Sullivan

Becky Hardy of Brandywine sold me three BEW hollands from CA
bloodlines.
She was supposed to send three BEW to the Mason MI double show April
15, 2006, with her friend Beth Robins.
Beth never turned up or answered my pages at the show.

My daughter was showing Youth (we don't have youth in Canada because
the shows aren't large enough).
There was a huge mix-up with the cards of course since we didn't put
a Y on the entry cards. Both Rabbits clubs where calling my daughters
first and last name over the loud speaker all day and at the poor
judges tables. We should have been easy enough to find.
On top of this, I had one of the clubs paged Beth twice and she never
showed up at the booth.
Beth Robins never once try to contact us at the Mason show.

Quoted e-mail from Becky:

Beth Robins will be bringing them, she raises Belgian hares and
Lionheads will be bringing them.. She doesn't have a cell phone so
she said she would be very happy to find you at the show.. If you
would like her email so you can talk to her.. I will be moving and I
will not have Internet till probably Friday evening, so I will give
you an email with all her info as soon as I talk to her.. It should
be sometime this evening when I email you all her info.. I know that
BEW's in any breed are expensive, however with moving I would like to
have as little to move as possible..

Becky failed to send me Beth's contact information before the show
like she said she would.
So I never got the above promised information.
I e-mail Becky a photo of my daughter and said we would be at the
youth Fuzzy lop and Jersey tables.
I couldn't find a photo of me so I told her i was a brood doe version
of my daughter.

I tried calling Becky from another breeder's (Tabatha Corbin) cell
phone at the show.
I called again when I get home. There is no message on my answering
machine from Becky and no e-mail when i came into work the following
Tuesday.

So I looked up Beth Robins in the white pages.
I tried calling Beth and a guy named David Answers the phone and says
he doesn't know a Beth and nobody here by that name.
He sounds all worried so I don't believe him.
He says it's just him and his wife Kim there and they show
Netherlands.
I look up Robins on the ARBA site and under Liz's Bunny barn is
Kimberly, David, Elisabeth, and Craig Robins.
So I call David back and say your on the ARBA site and read it out.
He then caves and says there is a Beth.
He's not sure if they have hollands after all. So he took my number
down.

Becky finally got back to me after I threaten to start posting on the
rabbits sites.
She said that her friend had given the rabbits to me at the show and
she doesn't know what I'm playing at.
So I think it was all a mistake so I e-mail a photo of myself for
Becky to show Beth.
Beth says the photo is the same lady that picked them up.

Here is the e-mails: Unbelievable!!!!

E-mail 1
Carol,
I called my friend just a little while ago and talked to her and she
said that you introduced yourself and said that you were there to
pick up the BEW's that she had on her sign at the show... I don't
know what you want from me..

E-mail 2
.. And my friend did tell me she never put them on her sign for sale
because you were there picking them up before she got a chance to.
I don't know what you are trying to pull with saying you didn't pick
the rabbits up and you absolutely did.. And my friend did tell me she
never put them on her sign for sale because you were there picking
them up before she got a chance to.. She didn't guess what you looked
like ~ she knew what you looked like and you did pick them up from
her because she had no reason to lie.. I can tell that you are just
trying to get money back plus keep the rabbits, and I am not
refunding your money because I sent them up to you

End of quoted e-mails

So I contacted Rachel from BBB's
Rachel was kind enough to send more information about the rabbits so
I can try to locate them.

Blizzard was from our barn, and I sold him to Theresa Mueller (for
her
daughters, Emily & Hailey). I had also sold Lazy T's Doo-Wop to
Theresa
Mueller (Doo-Wop is the mom to Geneva). So, if you're looking for
info
regarding the two "Emily's" rabbits, you can try contacting Theresa
Mueller.
As for Blizzard, I tattooed him BLZRD. I believe it was a hand tattoo
(not a
clamp). She could probably give you more information regarding where
he went
from her barn.

I hope that helps you out a little bit as to where to start tracking
people
down who may know the whereabouts of those rabbits. I know that the
Ohio
state convention is coming up - maybe the rabbits will turn up there.

Good luck!

Rachel Roehe
http://www.backyardbunnybarn.com

The Mueller's are very reputable long-time breeders in Washingtom -
their rabbitry is in partnership with Cheryl Rafoth.
[url]http://forgetmenotrabbitry.com/[/url] Since HL nationals was in Ohio last
year, not to mention the availability of shipping, (they sell to
breeders all over the country) it's very possible for a trio from
their barn to be in Ohio. Their BEW project is split beween
Theresa's daughters and one of Cheryl's 4-Hers, which is why the
BEW's have a different breeder prefix than Cheryl & Theresa
with "Forget-Me-Not".

INFO on Missing rabbit BEW TRIO:

Subject: BEW from California trio for $175.00

John & Becky Hardy
Raising Quality Polish and New Zealands
BrandyWine Bridge Rabbitry -http://www.BrandyWineBridgeRabbitry.net
Rabbits On The Rampage ~ Netherland Dwarfs ~
http://www.rabbitsontherampage.com
~ Holland Lops ~

BBB's Blizzard
Blue-Eyed White
Senior Buck ~ *Registered*
DOB: 9/26/03
Sire: Bunny Boo's Frankie (BEW)
Dam: BBB's Snow White (BEW)

Emily's Zura
Blue-Eyed White
Senior Doe
DOB: 2/14/03
Sire: Bethany's Pocket Change (BEW)
Dam: Val's LC (BEW)

Emily's Geneva
Blue-Eyed White
Junior Doe
DOB: 9/15/05
Sire: Emily's Seamus (BEW)
Dam: Lazy T's Doo-Wop (BEW)

Did you post this in The Rabbitry as well? Since they all go to shows regularly, they might know sooner than anyone in this particular forum.

I hope they find them soon!! Poor dears...:(

Turns out that the rabbits were sold to 2 different families. One family came and picked them up while the other had no idea and payed for them. Then never got a rabbit. So either the ex-owner/breeder knew about this and did it for the money or must have lost track of her rabbits. They are trying to work it out now.

I seem to remember somebody elsewarning a rabbit listor forum abouta person (or two people) in the Northeast (possibly Ontario as well) whoalways ripped people off last year, but I don't remember whereI saw it. She (or they)pulled similar shenanigans and then denied it, and the victim in that case complained very loudly. They may be totally unrelated, but thedenial email from the person in this casesounded similar to the one from last year.

Is this ringing any bells for anybody else?

And yes, this should be in the Rabbitry section, that's where the people who track these things will see it.

I hope it works out.

sas

This kind of thing makes me so angry! Those people need to get a back bone and stop trying to cheat their way throgh life! (Sorry, trying to watch what I say!)

I agree, post this again in the rabbitry.

Is it possible to bring them to court on this issue?

I know of some shenanigans going on in the lionhead world but not by people with this name.Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable naming names or rabbitries here- for reasons I can't go into here. Sorry.

It is my understanding that Cheryl and Theresa (who also run Prideland's Rabbitry for lionheads) will be at the Lionhead Nationals/OSRBA show in May.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. The person I had heard of does not go by the name Beth and lives in W Va or something and the name "Tenderheart" might be in the rabbitry name or email or something. To be honest, living here in TX - I really didn't pay attention.

I would warn breeders going to the Ohio show - if you're travelling and have really nice stock - you might want to have neighbors on the lookout for your place while you're gone. That IS advice that I heard passed around.

As far a I'm concerned...if they're desperate enough to drive the 20+hours here...they're really desperate for my rabbits...especially since the best ones will be WITH us.

Peg

My husband had paid $100 for a New Zealand doe a few years ago at the Ohio State Convention. He was lucky to have happened to walk past the coops just a a girl was walking away with his new rabbit!

It's not uncommon for rabbits to "disappear" at conventions, especially during the hectic time people are packing up to leave. I advise being near your cages and picking up sale rabbits early in the morning of the last day.

Stealingbreedings is also common. We had paid $250 for a Holland buck manyyears ago, and be was being transported to us via a convention.When he got to our place, we bred him to numerous does, only to find that the buck had contracted vent disease during the trip when people took the liberties of breeding their does to him. Everydoe we bredhim to also contracted vent disease. :mad:

We've decided not to take any rabbits to the OSRBA convention, primarily because we'll be so busy with other things and will also be transporting supplies, so won't have room for rabbits-- but I'm glad that we won't have to worry about the rabbits.

Pam

It's one thing to read these kind of messages on boards and not know people involved feelingsorry for everyone and wondering who was in the wrong.It's a whole new story to read them on message boards and being able to say 'I've delt with them'. Honestly, I was almost waiting for Becky to pull something like this. With things that have happened in the past it was a wait and see deal. She's known for doing a number of things that I don't wish to make public on the board. So it's not a total shock.

That's funny because in the lionhead world...she's known as "Jen"....and yes - the rabbitry's name is something like Tenderheart.

I don't know more details than that though..

I'm at a loss of words as this situation is just such a disgrace.:disgust:

Sadly, it's not a suprise and was bound to happen at some point in time. I feel bad for those who just happened to get under her 'trap'. I escaped the 'trap' from pervious knowledge before I gotsnapped into a trap and'hurt'. I knew what I was going to be walking into but had looked for a certain variety/breed of rabbit for over a year with no success. Therefore, I entered quietly into the situation and left without making a scene. I came out with a healthy rabbit and now just need to decide what to breed her too.

"Jen Clark" of Tenderheart (registered in W.Virginia) is the one who has beenaccused by numerous people over the past year of extremely bad and fraudulent dealings, leaving dead and dying rabbits in her wake. Breeders have been stuck withill, maimed and/or mixed breed rabbits--assuming they got their rabbits at all -- and people whosold rabbits to Jen said she would tell themthe rabbits died andask for a refund, but the same rabbits would pop up for sale on her website.UsingBetty Chu's photo seems pretty typical for this person.

However, I don't know theconnection between Becky Hardyand her BrandyWine Bridge Rabbitry (registered in NewMadison, Ohio) and Jen Clark's Tenderheart -- other than similar complaints against both, and that people signing 'Jen's' guestbook haver eferred to'Jen and Becky'.

Anybody?

sas

Just to put my two cents in, I think this person who'd doing this is just plain sick. What kind of person in their right minds would do this sort of thing.. I don't even know the words to describe this lady!

To me ( no breeder experience) I would wonder about a rabbitry that lists it produces more than 8 different breeds of rabbits. The Island Gems web site lists Tenderheart and shows they raise more than 8 different breeds.

Isn't it highly unusual for a rabbitry to 'specialize' in so many different breeds. I think the record keeping alone would be a nightmare. I would be leary of dealing with a rabbitry that had more than 2, possibly three,breeds going at the same time.

Canreputable, resposible breeders handle 8, 9, 10 different breeds at the same time and have a good program?

Dr. Melody Frankenbunny's first owner got her from abreeder who was trying to handle 5 differents breeds of rabbits, miniature horses, chickens, llamas, and on and on. Her pedigree says she is a mini-lop but she certainly seems to masqurading around in a french lop body. Then there is her 'full moon' inspired feisty, sometimes evil personality. It's a good thing her previous owner spayed her and did not use her to breed. I guess based on this limited experience, I would question the breeding program of someone so diversified. Again, my knowledge of breeding is very limited and I may be way out in left field.

seniorcats wrote:
Canreputable, resposible breeders handle 8, 9, 10different breeds at the same time and have a good program?
It is possible and I know of some people who do have numerous breeds and they do very well on the show tables with all of them. It takes a lot of dedication, time, and patience... as well as a very large rabbitry.

The "Typical" breeder has a rather limited rabbitry size and only raises 1-3 different breeds. For instance, I only have 24 holes... so dedicate those to my Mini Rex. I also have 2 wooden hutches in a different area of my yard in which I have a pair of Standard Rex (not for show).

I would LOVE to add some Dwarf Hotots and maybe some Holland Lops, but at the moment I only have the patience (and cage space) to focus on only1 breed.

There are the other larger scale breeders who have 500+ holes to which they CAN dedicate to more breeds than someone of a smaller scale. They also typically have the time and patience to make it their full time job... so I don't base my judgement of their quality and honesty by the number of breeds alone. I make my determination by their reputation and how they're placing on the show tables with their respective breeds.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

~Sunshine

Latest posts

Back