Stinky Garbage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
undergunfire wrote:
If you dump ALL the litter from BOTH cages into the SAME garbage can....I bet the PINE SHAVINGS makes the trash/room smell stinky.
But why did it not smell before? I've never had a problem with his garbage smelling until I started dumping hers in there, too. Her litter pan stinks when I change it in the morning! It's not terrible, but she's definitely smellier :p

kherrmann3 wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
If you dump ALL the litter from BOTH cages into the SAME garbage can....I bet the PINE SHAVINGS makes the trash/room smell stinky.
But why did it not smell before? I've never had a problem with his garbage smelling until I started dumping hers in there, too. Her litter pan stinks when I change it in the morning! It's not terrible, but she's definitely smellier :p

The mixing of two different dirty litters? She has a stronger urine smell? You may be feeding her something that causes her urine to smell worse?

What would do that? Her diet is like this:
- 1/4 c Oxbow BBT in the AM
- 1 bit of cereal as I walk by on the way back to my room (occasionally)
- lettuce in afternoon
- 1/4 c Oxbow BBT in the PM

I'm sorry if I got crabby before. My roommate has his boyfriend over. It's always a mess. Our roommate always turns into a whiner when he's here for whatever reason. It's annoying and I tend to get crabby while their drama is going on. *eyeroll* Drama Queen...

Just a thought, but is Berry-Boo spayed? I'm sorry, I can't remember if you've said that or not before.... I can't remember how old she is either lol.... :embarrassed:

But I can tell you that Snowy used to smell a LOT more before she was spayed! Even with clean scent glands, she just seemed to have smellier wee lol... I'm not sure if it was the spaying that solved it or not, but she's 'normal smelly' now.... :)

kherrmann3 wrote:
What would do that? Her diet is like this:
- 1/4 c Oxbow BBT in the AM
- 1 bit of cereal as I walk by on the way back to my room (occasionally)
- lettuce in afternoon
- 1/4 c Oxbow BBT in the PM
I thought maybe there could have been a veggie in there that could have been causing stinkier pee? I'm not sure if that is possible, though.

Some bunnies just stink more than others. Brody (my Holland) is stinky as heck :p.

Berry-Boo is spayed, Jen. :) She got that done when she was about 3 months old, I think. We were worried because she came from a shelter where she was housed with all her brothers. We didn't want any stowaways. She is about 6 months now.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Berry-Boo is spayed, Jen. :) She got that done when she was about 3 months old, I think. We were worried because she came from a shelter where she was housed with all her brothers. We didn't want any stowaways. She is about 6 months now.

Aah, sorry! I couldn't remember! All I know is that she's gorgeous and I want her!!! :p

I use an automatic deodorizer sprayer in our basement where the kitty litter box is. It sprays a fresh scent every 15 minutes.

Pam

We have one of those in our bathroom "lobby". Our bathroom has two parts, it's in the area with the mirrors, cabinets/drawers and the sink. We have an oil reed diffuser in the actual bathroom (toilet/shower) area. I live with two guys (sometimes three) and we need all the air fresheners that we can get! lol

We also have the oil diffusers in the bedroom. We also have scented plastic beads in a little jar.

I didn't know if those auto-sprayers were safe for pets - especially lagomorphs, rodents, and finches. I used to have one in the bedroom, but they stopped making my wonderful papaya/mango scent. Now they just have icky gas station bathroom-smelling vanilla, nasty apple-something, and a can with a blue cap. It's one of those weird "peaceful tranquility" kind of stupid names. We get the blue one. We can't figure out what it smells like lol

Personally, I wouldn't use any types of spray fresheners around the rabbits. I have one of those jelly things in a plastic container right outside the animal room door, but I would never spray stuff in the air in there. Even the jelly thing puts off a very faint smell, its not strong, at all.

Around cat boxes, its fine, because cats can walk away from it, but if you were to spray in a room where bunnies can't leave, it could be harmful.

I put some vanilla in my bunny's water... it helps. I wasn't sure until I ran out of vanilla for about a week. OMG! :yuckI use yesteday's news and I dump mine in my back yard. The litter and the poo breaks down pretty quickly. My MIL used to get really peeved when I would put the used litter in the garbage because then the whole house would stink like bunny pee! :yuckI also clean her litter box with about 5 squirts of Urine Gone. SHe smells like a bunny, but not too much like pee.

~Star~

HI everyone...i am wondering if you have any suggestions about how to get rid of the pooh in my yard..i have 2 adult and 4 babies...and u can imagine," pooh" everywhere...i can't sweep it as would take all day and a lot of my garden area is sand..i am in africa...we dont get much rain to break it down...it looks so disgusting...any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Latest posts

Back