Still won't use the litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he or she still hasn't been neutered or spayed, there might not be much change in litter box habits. Your rabbit looks to still be very young, they are not all that great with the litter box at this age. Is there anyway to express this to the people you live with? Or keep the rabbit someplace where they will not have to see it?

I've tried, but getting him trained is the contingent for keeping him in the house. I won't put him outside to die from the heat in a cage, so it's either get him trained or give him away. I also think his box is too small now that he's gotten bigger (he's about twice as big as he was in the picture on that thread) but I spent the end of my money on pellets v.v

I agree putting him outside is not the answer. I meant more of like a spare room or someplace where the others you live with won't see him. But if it is indeed evident that you are not able to keep him, I would bring him to an animal shelter or humane society. Most take rabbits and small animals. Or do you know of a friend who might be willing to take him for you?

Do the people you live with understand that the reason why he cannot be 100% litter trained is because he is not neutered?

I'm happy to report that since getting him a larger litter box he's had much better litter habits

I would've recommended putting his hay next to the potty bin

maybe it would give him the sense to use the 1 or 2 in that area .... besides the random dropping(s) in running around =0)

Latest posts

Back