Starting over!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jen92473

Reaction score
We just moved into our first house-yay! Our 6 1/2 month old Dutch female has been "stuck" in her small cage for about 6 weeks now. She had a three-story condo, but with showings, we had to make her portable, so we bought one of those starter cages for small animals. She has been let out for small periods of time in enclosed spaces.

Now we're ready to rumble.

I purchased a large tarp from Lowes for the bottom of her area, and my plan is to eventually give her a large area to exercise, since we don't want her running free and chewing up the carpet-we had several good-sized holes under our couches when we moved. So, since I get a "fresh start" with Cappuccino, what do you suggest? Yesterday I built a 4x2x2 area and put it in front of her cage, but she proceeded to escape. I know it's not enough room, but she's pretty bad about being litter box trained. She pees in it just fine, but the poop is hit or miss (mostly miss). I'm sure the new cage/different routine/stress of moving/stress of being in the cage a bunch/reaching sexual maturity (she humps my leg all the time!) isn't helping.

So...(sorry it's so long), what is your advice as far as letting her out/keeping the space small/retraining her to use her litter box/suggestions for success. She used to be a very cuddly bunny, but now every time my daughter picks her up, her nose wiggles a mile a minute and she wriggles free and jumps away. This is really tough on my daughter because she used to have a great relationship with Cappuccino and would carry her around the house like a baby all the time. Okay, enough talking. Your turn! Thanks in advance!

It sounds like it's time to have her spayed to improve her behavior and litter habbits.

Latest posts

Back