started my nic cage (pic)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove1

Reaction score
afio0o.jpg

Looking good so far. Congratulations on your new bunny.

Please let us know when he/she arrives!

K :)

I would. Give her a little easier time because he/she will be tiny. I love with these crates you can change them as your bunny grows.

also the holes look a little big can i take zip ties and make a x in them also i plan on adding a perimeter around the bottom to keep mess in the cage

Smart move. You are really thinking ahead. When I got my exercise pen, not thinking of how small my boys would be, when I put it up, they walked right through the bars.

I was all ready two weeks before they arrived too. I have to agree, it is like nesting.

And when I got my bunnies home, all I could do is stare at them. Just couldn't believe they were finally there.

It's a ball. You are going to love the experience of a bunny.

do u know what i can use for a border along the bottom and layers what type of wood or if theirs something else idk about

On our outside run, we have a big dog crate. My husband put wire mesh around the bottom to keep the bunnies from going through the bars. I don't know about wood. Bunnies chew on wood, plus baby bunnies have accidents and pee does stain wood.

We are fans of cardboard--has many uses, totally safe for bunnies to chew and ingest, and it's cheap and easy to replace. We have a 3 story maze mad out of one large box and 22 small boxes. Even our 18 pound Checkered Giant gets up on top.

added a 2nd level for baby bunny to get up easier
116ne6g.jpg

and it will look something like this when done
k3rhif.jpg

i still have to buy the adhesive sand paper soo the little bun as better traction n then of course the bottom and add the insides litter pail going to figure out how to make a hay rack or might just used a box food bowl water dish.....

bunnylove1 wrote:
also the holes look a little big can i take zip ties and make a x in them also i plan on adding a perimeter around the bottom to keep mess in the cage
Those look like the cubes from Target. With those roughly half the panels have really large holes. Waaaay to big to use as a bunny pen. You should return those and get the ones from K-mart. The K-Mart cube panels all have 1.5" holes.

Target ruined their cubes when they changed to the larger holes on the side pieces. They're no good for cages any longer.

Your zip tie "X" plan won't work. A bunny can snip a Zip tie like a wire cutter. Seriously, return them and get the K-Mart ones.

ZRabbits wrote:
Smart move. You are really thinking ahead. When I got my exercise pen, not thinking of how small my boys would be, when I put it up, they walked right through the bars.

I did the same thing with one of our litters of babies last spring. We had just bought a exercise pen and I decided to put it out on the grass for the young bunnies (about 6 weeks if I remember right) to run and eat. There where six babies, I took two over and put them in went back and got two more put them in, then got the last two as I walked back with them I saw two of the others walk right through the side of the pen! Let me tell you, it is not fun to try to catch four energetic six week old bunnies!

Latest posts

Back